Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #261
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Thanks OC. I've been hovering over the order button for the new Sonja for about a month and I keep putting it off because it was the last Sonja that basically ruined my love affair with sideshow. I want to wait for in hand pics, but I'm worried she might go to WL before then and I have a $50 promo code that's dying to be used.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:50 AM   #262
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Thanks OC. I've been hovering over the order button for the new Sonja for about a month and I keep putting it off because it was the last Sonja that basically ruined my love affair with sideshow. I want to wait for in hand pics, but I'm worried she might go to WL before then and I have a $50 promo code that's dying to be used.
I think its a pretty safe bet that were not going to have another situation like we saw with the last Red Sonja. Sideshow just has too much riding on this piece and they really have raised thier game by a significant margin over the last year or so. Every statue that has been coming out of Sideshow recently has been top notch. Spider-Man and Aquaman are perfect examples.

I guess you have to ask yourself if its worth the risk. Personally, I consider this version of Sonja to be the single nicest female sculpting job ever to come out of Sideshow so I definitely think its worth the risk. I would much rather risk losing out on a return shipping cost than risk not getting an EX for what could arguably be Sideshow's best female statue released to date. Not to mention, she's one of my all time favorite female characters. The fact that you have a $50 code....well, that would definitely seal the deal for me. Then again, I purchased it at full price so that's pretty much a given, lol.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:08 PM   #263
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

My streak continues! Just recieved my Lady D and she is a beauty. It never ceases to amaze me how different some of these statues can look once you have them in hand and see them in person. Some statues look much nicer than they do in photo's, some statues look worse than they do in photo's, and some are pretty accurate to the photo's. This is definitely one that looks even nicer in person. While she does looks great in the pictures, she definitely looks even nicer in person. The starkness of her white skin against the black of her outfit is really beautiful in person. Such a basic yet effective pose too. I know some people didn't like the pose, but I love it. Very sexy and very fitting for the character.

The EX is nice. Its not something I would deem absolutely mandatory, but its still nice nonetheless. And as a nice little bonus there was a $20 coupon attached to the brown shipping box. Not sure what it can be used on, but I appreciate the sentiment one way or the other. I could get used to recieving coupons on the brown shipping boxes of the statues you recieve. That is definitely something I hope Sideshow continues in the future as I usually wind up missing out on the codes that get sent along in emails.

Anyways, all in all another beautiful piece by Sideshow.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:43 PM   #264
Davidian
Omega Flight

Pics man!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #265
grphyx1
Kingpin

She looks pretty damn spectacular
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:08 PM   #266
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
My streak continues! Just recieved my Lady D and she is a beauty. It never ceases to amaze me how different some of these statues can look once you have them in hand and see them in person. Some statues look much nicer than they do in photo's, some statues look worse than they do in photo's, and some are pretty accurate to the photo's. This is definitely one that looks even nicer in person. While she does looks great in the pictures, she definitely looks even nicer in person. The starkness of her white skin against the black of her outfit is really beautiful in person. Such a basic yet effective pose too. I know some people didn't like the pose, but I love it. Very sexy and very fitting for the character.

The EX is nice. Its not something I would deem absolutely mandatory, but its still nice nonetheless. And as a nice little bonus there was a $20 coupon attached to the brown shipping box. Not sure what it can be used on, but I appreciate the sentiment one way or the other. I could get used to recieving coupons on the brown shipping boxes of the statues you recieve. That is definitely something I hope Sideshow continues in the future as I usually wind up missing out on the codes that get sent along in emails.

Anyways, all in all another beautiful piece by Sideshow.
Nice! Just got mine in the mail today as well assembled her + put up for display. Then had to goto work. Ill post some pictures late tonight when back from work. For those of you that are getting this PF. Be careful when you put her Scythe through her hands/hair. It will go in just might need to bend the staff portion a minor amount.

My only beef with the PF, the bottom plate on the base seemed to be glued incorrectly. There is a minor exposed portion sticking out. Not a big deal, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:47 PM   #267
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
here we go

Let add some fetishist shot

two face close up

She really looks awesome!..
They took much pride to paint this one!! great work all around!!

Thanks for the pictures
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:50 PM   #268
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Up until these in hand pics I preferred the original LD, but I'm being swayed. That's one sexy figure.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:06 PM   #269
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
She really looks awesome!..
They took much pride to paint this one!! great work all around!!

Thanks for the pictures
You're welcome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Up until these in hand pics I preferred the original LD, but I'm being swayed. That's one sexy figure.
...but Shane doen't like them
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:39 AM   #270
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161027_001315.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	99195

Trying to post pics of Lady Death, but everytime i attempt to upload insert in.. they post sideways. Ive opened them with editing software, saved them again with that program. Still appear on here sideways.. Anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by House; 10-27-2016 at 02:39 AM. Reason: pics always showing sideways.. grr
House is offline   Reply With Quote