Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #181
leplant
Deadman

Exclusive Deathstroke is just magnificent, and it’s been sold out for some time. Out of curiosity, I’ve checked the sold listings from time to time on ebay. Deflation is what your looking at on these beauties. I wouldn’t buy in to this line anticipating an inflated secondary market value, you’ll be disappointed. On the other hand, if your loooking for a large high quality statue that absolutely becomes a focus point in your collection, jump in. Prime 1 products are just fantastic.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:50 PM   #182
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

IMO I think Arkham didn't have much resale value because it's not desired like comics. People like comics the most even if they don't read them

I don't think other lines will tank in value like Arkham. Not saying they will shoot up in value either haha.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:22 PM   #183
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
IMO I think Arkham didn't have much resale value because it's not desired like comics. People like comics the most even if they don't read them

I don't think other lines will tank in value like Arkham. Not saying they will shoot up in value either haha.
Agree. Comics have a longer lasting impression than the video games. Nostalgia also plays a big part of it.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:45 PM   #184
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
Agree. Comics have a longer lasting impression than the video games. Nostalgia also plays a big part of it.

Bigger part of it is that most people don't have the finances to hold on to much of this stuff very long, especially at these prices.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:02 PM   #185
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Bigger part of it is that most people don't have the finances to hold on to much of this stuff very long, especially at these prices.
What do you mean by " hold on to" ?? Once you can afford it buy it keep it in your house.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #186
StatueDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Interesting point, could you share more?

It seems like many people are still eagerly buying depending on the statue and price. My impression was that many people wouldn't drop $1k minimum on a video game version of their favorite heroes and villains. Hush Superman is a good example, there's no question that it's the definitive version of him.

I think you will always have people that sell off their statues fast no matter what. If the statue is timeless like the OG movie Transformers, people will hold on to them for a long time. I DO see some people stretching their means trying to PO 20 different statues. So maybe that's what you're alluding to?
Old 08-20-2018, 08:24 PM   #187
leplant
Deadman

Quote:

If that's the case, wouldn't the Frank Miller exclusive Batman be on a different secondary market trajectory?
Old 08-20-2018, 10:54 PM   #188
StatueDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
If that's the case, wouldn't the Frank Miller exclusive Batman be on a different secondary market trajectory?
Definitely, unless people prefer the blue look for whatever reason. That piece hasn't sold for too far under retail from what I've seen.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:12 AM   #189
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Definitely, unless people prefer the blue look for whatever reason. That piece hasn't sold for too far under retail from what I've seen.
But it does sell for less. I was just giving some friendly advice to the gamblers out there
Old 08-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #190
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
What do you mean by " hold on to" ?? Once you can afford it buy it keep it in your house.
Quote:
Interesting point, could you share more?

It seems like many people are still eagerly buying depending on the statue and price. My impression was that many people wouldn't drop $1k minimum on a video game version of their favorite heroes and villains. Hush Superman is a good example, there's no question that it's the definitive version of him.

I think you will always have people that sell off their statues fast no matter what. If the statue is timeless like the OG movie Transformers, people will hold on to them for a long time. I DO see some people stretching their means trying to PO 20 different statues. So maybe that's what you're alluding to?
Yeah I think it's pretty obvious that plenty of people just "rent" statues in the disguise of "buying" much like sports/luxury cars. When the credit cards or other life expenses come due people move statues to their next "home".
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote