Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 12-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #11
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So the first thing that hit me is the paint app. Is she totally painted? It looks like the wood parts of the shield and the fur trim have been left primed. I looked at this for a while and even read the description to see if it was being painted to the order of the buyer but I didn't see anything. Does anyone know about this?
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #12
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I like it but since I already have Valkyrie in a boat I will have to pass. I also just commissioned a Ken Kelly original oil painting so my hobby budget is really tight right now.

I think if I didn't have either Valkyrie and was to choose between this one and the one in the boat I don't know what I would do. I like them both.

This one does look more Valkyrie-ish though. the one I have is more like Helga the Viking chick or something, but I have always liked it. Sorry 13, the boat version has no nudity.....
Yeah, the boat ones cool. I was never a big fan of the old toplesss valkyrie. I get why they couldn't do the removable top but the topless version of it just seem a bit... gratuitous. Of the three versions I like this one best. That is if the paint app gets finished.

I'm glad to see ARH is sticking to the removable top theme. They had to trade the traditional cone bra bit I feel like it was worth it. And I'm glad she likes oks like Arhian! I could always fit her in with the comic collection if I decide to get her.

As for right now, she isn't on my wish list. There are a couple of other statues I have my eye on and I feel like this will be available for quite a while. I'm surprised they are limiting it to 100 statues. With it being made to order so to speak, I would have set the cap at 500-100 or more...
Old 12-06-2016, 10:53 AM   #13
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
So the first thing that hit me is the paint app. Is she totally painted? It looks like the wood parts of the shield and the fur trim have been left primed. I looked at this for a while and even read the description to see if it was being painted to the order of the buyer but I didn't see anything. Does anyone know about this?
I think the paint is finished. He is just sticking with the shield and outfit color scheme with the muted-silver greyish tones. That same shield is on the boat and it has the grey sections in the new one painted a kind of off white drifting toward grey color. It looks fine IMO.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:58 AM   #14
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Do her eyes look kind of flesh toned or is it just me? I want to like it, but something seems off. Probably the price.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:18 AM   #15
qz33
Rescue

How can ARH afford to do this?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:22 AM   #16
The13thWarlock

Quote:
I think the paint is finished. He is just sticking with the shield and outfit color scheme with the muted-silver greyish tones. That same shield is on the boat and it has the grey sections in the new one painted a kind of off white drifting toward grey color. It looks fine IMO.
No way... the fur, the leather, the wood and the eagle wings are all grey? I mean, if they took the pictures and put it up like that it must be the way it comes... I just can't believe it. I wonder is anyone is saying anything on FB about it.

-So just looked on FB and it's up there and people are liking it. I stand corrected, I guess this is the way it's supposed to look. Anyway, I really think Arahom missed the boat with this paint scheme. I think the eagle wings should have been white and maybe that white carried through to the leather OR the fur. Then the fur orOr the leather picked out in a brownish. I think the shield should have been more wood colored. Just my ideas, I'm not an artist, but this just doesn't seem to capture the majestic elegance that the sculpt seemed to have from the computer renders.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:33 AM   #17
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
How can ARH afford to do this?
Three factory workers smuggled themselves over with the Frazetta statues and Arahom is keeping them chained in his basement.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #18
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
I like it but since I already have Valkyrie in a boat I will have to pass. I also just commissioned a Ken Kelly original oil painting so my hobby budget is really tight right now.

I think if I didn't have either Valkyrie and was to choose between this one and the one in the boat I don't know what I would do. I like them both.

This one does look more Valkyrie-ish though. The one I have is more like Helga the Viking chick or something, but I have always liked it. Sorry 13, the boat version has no nudity.....
It's funny. From the pics I've seen, I got more of a traditional Valkyrie vibe from the original than this one. I think the original's outfit was a lot more interesting and gave off a genuine Norse feel. I said it before but this just feels like another Arhian statue posing as a Valkyrie. If I were lucky enough to own the original, I'd definitely hold on to it.

Quote:
Quote:
No way... the fur, the leather, the wood and the eagle wings are all grey? I mean, if they took the pictures and put it up like that it must be the way it comes... I just can't believe it. I wonder is anyone is saying anything on FB about it.
First thing I noticed too, Warlock. Definitely looks just like primer gray. I just couldn't believe that would be the look he settled on. I don't care for it at all.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:37 AM   #19
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:

-So just looked on FB and it's up there and people are liking it. I stand corrected, I guess this is the way it's supposed to look. Anyway, I really think Arahom missed the boat with this paint scheme. I think the eagle wings should have been white and maybe that white carried through to the leather OR the fur. Then the fur orOr the leather picked out in a brownish. I think the shield should have been more wood colored. Just my ideas, I'm not an artist, but this just doesn't seem to capture the majestic elegance that the sculpt seemed to have from the computer renders.
Paint app is always a personal preference thing. I am looking at my boat version right now and her wings are also a grayish white, and i think it is fine. Snow is white and too much white wouldn't be great either IMO. You wouldn't want shiny silver (or I should say I wouldn't) so I think this is fine. I like the saphire blue he put in there.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:45 AM   #20
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I see she also has change-out shield or sword on the one arm, depending on your preference.

One thing with them painting in house it may be possible to get it painted the way you want? I had my AP Cleopatra painted with blue skirt but there were only I think 12 of those being done to finance the production of the others back when.