Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Fave character--and why?

I've been reading posts and can get the feel for most people's favorite characters, but I don't know why you guys like who you do. And why, therefore, your art collection is influenced by that.

My favorite, hands down, is Storm. The only way I can explain why is because I love nature and weather. I stumbled upon the X-Men cartoon and was drawn to her because she was powerful yet vulnerable at the same time. Reading the comic I found her to be even more awesome than the cartoon. I mean for goodness sake she beat the crap outta Cyke with no powers, insane men are drawn to her (Dr Doom..Dracula....Logan), gets referred to as a goddess, and is immune to average hot/cold temps *L* What's not to like?!

Second favorite is tie between Catwoman and Poison Ivy. I LOVE Cats and love the fact that Selina is a brunette badass who dug herself out of the slums which is relatable to me in a way. And Ivy is just like the Storm reason-- love nature.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
kirthew
Zot

My favorite Female character is Zatanna - Something about those stockings.

Favorite Male character is - Booster Gold, when I look back at comics I read in the 80s, Booster Gold is the first one that pops into my mind. Love his personality.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
ratchet
Mandarin

The Hulk - I love how complicated of a character he is - he's not 100% hero but he's not a villain by any means. He's stood toe to toe with many of Marvel's biggest guns and is usually the one left standing. He isn't just another brute with muscles - he is a force of nature!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I've been reading posts and can get the feel for most people's favorite characters, but I don't know why you guys like who you do. And why, therefore, your art collection is influenced by that.

My favorite, hands down, is Storm. The only way I can explain why is because I love nature and weather. I stumbled upon the X-Men cartoon and was drawn to her because she was powerful yet vulnerable at the same time. Reading the comic I found her to be even more awesome than the cartoon. I mean for goodness sake she beat the crap outta Cyke with no powers, insane men are drawn to her (Dr Doom..Dracula....Logan), gets referred to as a goddess, and is immune to average hot/cold temps *L* What's not to like?!

Second favorite is tie between Catwoman and Poison Ivy. I LOVE Cats and love the fact that Selina is a brunette badass who dug herself out of the slums which is relatable to me in a way. And Ivy is just like the Storm reason-- love nature.
Hard to argue with how awesome Storm is!!!

Personally my favorite is Wolverine, pretty much for every reason anyone else likes him. The Punisher and Batman are next in line (I'm really stepping outside the box on this one, lol)

My favorite female character is Domino. Mostly because she's the quirky, strong female on the really cool teams (ie. X-Force)

I do tend to Commission some more obscure characters like The Gorgon (secret warriors, enemy of the state) and Ares, mostly because I do really like the Characters and it gives the Commission a more personal feel, not to mention that both Characters look extremely cool. Maybe a two part question - who's your favorite and who's your favorite to commission? Sorry Demona, not trying to hijack your thread, just a thought I had!!
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Marvel: Wolverine as he's a badass.
DC: Green Lantern. Tough guy who's got great imagination to wield the ring with.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Do I reallyyy have to say LMAO

reason.. Anyone with training and determination and a Huge bank account could be Batman.. to me hes the most realistic "superhero" also I get the loss of family part I lost my dad at 12 and mom at 19 no murders etc but I can empathize with his inner turmoil with the feeling alone part. I got into collecting Batman right after my mother passed away..
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
Mean Green
Fantomah

Hulk - strongest there is but in the end, still a tragic character.

And I'm sure most of us can relate - who doesn't have a part of them that just wants to smash everything once in awhile?
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1919 View Post
Maybe a two part question - who's your favorite and who's your favorite to commission? Sorry Demona, not trying to hijack your thread, just a thought I had!!
Hijack away.

While I like commissioning Storm pieces (and often do) lots of people do the same poses so I try to request different costumes and such.

I like getting Ivy and Catwoman commishes because you can add background tweaks and have them be more cheeky or evil, than goddness like.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Just "once in a while" *L* More like at least twice a week depending on the fools I've dealt with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Hulk - strongest there is but in the end, still a tragic character.

And I'm sure most of us can relate - who doesn't have a part of them that just wants to smash everything once in awhile?
Old 06-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

My favorite is Spider-Woman. I don't really have a complex answer other then the cartoon was running when I was 2 or 3yrs old. I think red became my favorite color because of her. Then there were a ton of items such as stickers, pencil by numbers, foot socks. Also I used to by those old comic 3 packs of past issues because they sometimes had a Spider-Woman comic in it. I couldn't read back then so it was all visual for me.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote