Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #91
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
When we started with ED-209 I also had guys wanting it at any price, when I released it at $999 they were no where to be found. These polls are like political polls, it's a fantasy number until you put the rubber to the road.

We are doing a lot of projects with our retail partners like GameStop. Those relationships will allow me to keep making high quality replicas. Jurassic Park and our Buck Rogers Starfighter are the next pieces to drop. JP will be the Hammonds Cane followed by some dinosaurs.

We are being far more careful with what we chose to produce. Just because the die hard fans say it will sell, it probably won't.

Robocop is an evergreen, but I want to go after new films and dabble with the older stuff. With Terminator Genisys we saw what we can do with several well placed and thought out products.

Robocop is heavily saturated, I doubt we'll revisit the property except to produce the 1-1 Cain head, but it will most likely be limited to 100 pieces.

Paul
So what if you get enough people together to put money down now for a 1:3 Robo or new Life-Size bust via a Go Fund Me or Kickstarter concept?

It would be cool to do that and watch it go through the Concept/Planning/Design stages
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:35 AM   #92
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
So what if you get enough people together to put money down now for a 1:3 Robo or new Life-Size bust via a Go Fund Me or Kickstarter concept?

It would be cool to do that and watch it go through the Concept/Planning/Design stages
that's a good idea, no risk for Paul as he has the money up front and guaranteed orders, and if the project doesn't go ahead there's no money lost.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:52 AM   #93
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
When we started with ED-209 I also had guys wanting it at any price, when I released it at $999 they were no where to be found. These polls are like political polls, it's a fantasy number until you put the rubber to the road.

We are doing a lot of projects with our retail partners like GameStop. Those relationships will allow me to keep making high quality replicas. Jurassic Park and our Buck Rogers Starfighter are the next pieces to drop. JP will be the Hammonds Cane followed by some dinosaurs.

We are being far more careful with what we chose to produce. Just because the die hard fans say it will sell, it probably won't.

Robocop is an evergreen, but I want to go after new films and dabble with the older stuff. With Terminator Genisys we saw what we can do with several well placed and thought out products.

Robocop is heavily saturated, I doubt we'll revisit the property except to produce the 1-1 Cain head, but it will most likely be limited to 100 pieces.

Paul
I can't tell you how dissapointed I am to hear that especially with the resources you have at your disposal. The prototype suits and robocop himself was something I really wanted to see happen.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:47 PM   #94
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

We may revisit Robocop at some point in the future, right now I'm sitting on ED-209 and a handful of Cain statues from the second run.

One thing I will point out regarding PCS, they have been doing this a while longer and have a larger customer base. Most new companies let Sideshow distribute their products. We wanted to be more like Toynami, sell our own products in the USA and let Toynami wholesale overseas. So most companies have success dealing with Sideshow due to the fact that they have a mailing list that's unrivaled in this industry. Now I see Mondo selling through them as well, I guess their sales on their own weren't what they had expected.

We're trying to sell pieces ourselves and build our customer base.

I've seen our finished Conan and it's going to be spectacular, but once again we've made something big and heavy.....

We are going to be releasing the Starfighter and 1/2 Arnold Genisys Bust soon. Both will be limited edition and we'll continue to sell half here and half overseas.

I hope that you guys will like King Conan, it's going to be awesome and we will make him limited edition out of the gate.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:57 PM   #95
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Well, save an ED and Cain for me.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:27 AM   #96
clutch
Sailor Moon

Two things not working in my favor right now: 1) Space 2) Money lol!
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:23 PM   #97
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Necro Posting to send out a BIG THANK YOU to Paul and CC.
Looking forward to this 1:1 Robocop!
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #98
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #99
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
Necro Posting to send out a BIG THANK YOU to Paul and CC.
Looking forward to this 1:1 Robocop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
C'mon guys don't assume everyone else knows what you're referring to .

Is there some announcement?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #100
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Just watched the Facebook video, yep it's definitely coming and they're using a lifecast of peter weller they have for the likeness. So this should easily be the most accurate one available.
Now I just need to decide whether or not to get rid of my Barton bust, chronicles will no doubt be better but the way things are getting priced in the uk at the moment it'll be mad expensive

Oh and Paul if you see this, is there any chance of using translucent resin for the face? You may as well make this the ultimate robo 1:1 especially as toynami has experience in painting translucent resin with the stuff they have done for Ecc.