Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-09-2017, 01:11 AM   #911
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Just finished reading Master of Kung Fu Omnibus volume 2. Looking forward to the upcoming volume 3!!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:48 PM   #912
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
No problem. And yeah, it's The Kamala Khan series. I don't think Carol Danvers is as populer as Kamala to get an Omnibus yet but Marvel really pushes her lately, she may get an omnibus with the movie... She may even become the iconic Marvel female hero that Marvel wants her to be... who knows. Two good movies and that might happen.
I hope they release one, it'd be pretty awesome to get an omni with the origins up until the end of the last TPB's before they did Kamala.

Anyone have the X-Force omni? Is it worth a nostalgic purchase?
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:54 PM   #913
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I've finally just passed the 1/2 way mark in the Dr Strange Omnibus. So much text.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #914
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
I hope they release one, it'd be pretty awesome to get an omni with the origins up until the end of the last TPB's before they did Kamala.

Anyone have the X-Force omni? Is it worth a nostalgic purchase?
You are missing out by not giving Kamala a chance... well... actually i don't know that for sure because i haven't read the omnibus yet lol but there is a big buzz around the book. Everyone who ever reads Kamala Ms. Marvel says it's a great series, there is no exception to this and eveyone adores Kamala. She's the most populer female Marvel character right now.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #915
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
You are missing out by not giving Kamala a chance... well... actually i don't know that for sure because i haven't read the omnibus yet lol but there is a big buzz around the book. Everyone who ever reads Kamala Ms. Marvel says it's a great series, there is no exception to this and eveyone adores Kamala. She's the most populer female Marvel character right now.
Fair enough. I never said I wouldn't give it a chance, just that my interest in the character stems back to the books before her, currently.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #916
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Fair enough. I never said I wouldn't give it a chance, just that my interest in the character stems back to the books before her, currently.
I would think the earlier Ms. Marvel series will be collected into an omnibus in a few years if the movie is a big success. For now I have the two hardcover Marvel Masterwork editions compiling all the 70s issues.

It's funny how it was considered progressive at the time, yet in those initial issues she was practically naked from the chest down.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #917
Davidian
Omega Flight

Finally got my books from cheapgraphicnovels, so now I can Uncanny X-Men vol 1 and 2, and the AOA Companion.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:21 PM   #918
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well up in Canada we don't have awesome options like CGN or IST. We have Chapters which you can get some reward points. So they are having a 5X the points event so I just pre-ordered war of kings aftermath omnibus, got a ton of points and was able to find a coupon code for $15 off. I am counting this as a win. Now to wait for the Prelude so I can finally read these damn things!!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #919
Davidian
Omega Flight

Just got my ASM vol 1 and 2 omni's in from CGN! Starting to grow a little collection of these damn things now. was eyeballing the Annihilation omni, but since I already own the 3 oversized hardcovers, I compared what the omni collects, and it's the same thing, so I'm going to try and pick up the Annihilation Conquest and War of Kings next. After that, just waiting on the next ASM and the Prelude To War of Kings.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:11 AM   #920
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

The Daredevil Omnibus vol 1 releases this week!

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/da...kirby-cvr.html
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote