Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 09-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #11
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Great review!!!

AND AMAZING PHOTOS!!! Best I have seen.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:17 PM   #12
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Excellent and very detailed review....now how to resist the temptation your review has given me....
Thanks for checking it out. You can't resist the dark side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Finally getting a chance to comment on your review. Very well done! As always I love your pictures. This is one of the rare occasions where I like the Mixed Media, I also enjoy how you gave some indication it might be a little work (to get the cape to sit right etc.) The light up is also amazing and your pictures show it off. All in all you gave a great, thorough and unbiased review. Which is all you can ask for! All my reviews would be biased as hell!
Thanks buddy. My reviews are totally biased. How can they not be? I do this purely voluntarily and I've paid over $700 CAD for this piece. Thankfully the gamble paid off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Great review!!!

AND AMAZING PHOTOS!!! Best I have seen.
Thanks man!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:45 PM   #13
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
My Vader knowledge is minuscule compared to yours Dan. In a way it's probably a good thing because I can live in blissful ignorance about anything Vader related.

I am surprised about the helmet vents. I would have thought that if Sideshow has a license for Star War merchandise that they would also have access to the original models or proprietary 3D scans or something.
lol yeah, i totally understand what you're saying, and yeah probably a good thing if you have OCD like me..lol

but even with my knowledge (for there are others out there that know far more than i) it's still an incredible piece regardless of the inaccuracies. its Vader, so enough said
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:31 AM   #14
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

I finally got a chance to comment, so I apologize for the delay. As you know, things can get hectic around me from time to time.

Congratulations on Vader and the excellent review. They are both winners in my book. As always, Sideshow does a fantastic job with the art and the technical aspects. The light up feature is amazing! Too bad that the minor issues hold this piece back from a higher score. Hopefully, Sideshow rectifies the issues with yours. Other than that, it is a fantastic representation (the best one yet) of Darth Vader.

Thanks for your hard work. It is highly appreciated. Keep the awesome reviews coming!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #15
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
I finally got a chance to comment, so I apologize for the delay. As you know, things can get hectic around me from time to time.

Congratulations on Vader and the excellent review. They are both winners in my book. As always, Sideshow does a fantastic job with the art and the technical aspects. The light up feature is amazing! Too bad that the minor issues hold this piece back from a higher score. Hopefully, Sideshow rectifies the issues with yours. Other than that, it is a fantastic representation (the best one yet) of Darth Vader.

Thanks for your hard work. It is highly appreciated. Keep the awesome reviews coming!
Thanks for checking it out JP! I appreciate the feedback.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:10 AM   #16
darth_thorpe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Ain't been on here for along time , great review and I'm looking forward to seeing this in the flesh ��
darth_thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:30 AM   #17
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

excellent review buddy !!! almost makes me pull the trigger !!
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:17 PM   #18
rico1701
It's not the years, it's the mileage

Great review! Awesome pics too! Very close to pulling the trigger on this one.
rico1701 is offline   Reply With Quote