Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #81
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Well, I screwed around and missed out on Kandor and the base. I checked last week and Kandor said like 162 left so I was in no hurry. Then last Thursday Kandor changed to "out of stock," but the base hadn't yet. I contacted Debbie and she was going to try to locate one. By the time I heard back, the base also said "out of stock."

I contacted Debbie again and she said they were both gone. Maybe I'll happen across a set on eBay some day... I guess I should've grabbed the base and then could've at least bought the city off eBay. Kinda disappointed...
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #82
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
Well, I screwed around and missed out on Kandor and the base. I checked last week and Kandor said like 162 left so I was in no hurry. Then last Thursday Kandor changed to "out of stock," but the base hadn't yet. I contacted Debbie and she was going to try to locate one. By the time I heard back, the base also said "out of stock."

I contacted Debbie again and she said they were both gone. Maybe I'll happen across a set on eBay some day... I guess I should've grabbed the base and then could've at least bought the city off eBay. Kinda disappointed...
I've learned not to rely on those counters. Grandpa Munster said there was a bunch left an then next thing I saw it was sold out.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:33 PM   #83
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

But Kandor and the base actually showed the number available on the item/details screen like"162 remaining." I didn't enter 200 and see what number it came back with as a limit. So, I thought it was legit.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:23 AM   #84
NullSkier
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I wonder if anyone will ever actually get the base.
NullSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:36 AM   #85
xforce
Hydra

Quote:

I heard they brought them to sdcc that might be why they sold out so fast
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:23 AM   #86
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullSkier View Post
I wonder if anyone will ever actually get the base.
All outstanding products will be getting wrapped up in a few months. Just be patient. Kandor base will be done very soon, if not already. I cannot stress enough that Tweeterhead is not trying to cheat anyone. It is a two person operation and sometimes best intentions get derailed by pop up emergencies.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #87
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

Don’t mean to bring you down more but I remember Chad saying in a live stream that the Base and Mr Myxl will be ordered based on order received. Meaning small production run, and if they are anything like the Nevermore clock that means on eBay the prices will be very marked up, that’s if you see one on eBay.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #88
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
All outstanding products will be getting wrapped up in a few months. Just be patient. Kandor base will be done very soon, if not already. I cannot stress enough that Tweeterhead is not trying to cheat anyone. It is a two person operation and sometimes best intentions get derailed by pop up emergencies.
This!
Old 08-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #89
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
Don’t mean to bring you down more but I remember Chad saying in a live stream that the Base and Mr Myxl will be ordered based on order received. Meaning small production run, and if they are anything like the Nevermore clock that means on eBay the prices will be very marked up, that’s if you see one on eBay.
True, but there's not much I can do about it now. I do wish I'd grabbed the base while Debbie was checking on Kandor though. Like I said, it was still available at that time and I could've just gotten the city off ebay. By the time she answered, they'd closed sales on the base too. Oh well.

Maybe someone bought an extra that they don't want. I just thought I was good because of the visible, ever present counter on the page. It was showing 162 even after SDCC.

And I know I had a long time to pick it up, but life happens and sometimes things slip through the cracks. Ha. I'm really only blaming myself, but I'm kinda playing "catch up" with this line.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:05 PM   #90
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I've learned not to rely on those counters. Grandpa Munster said there was a bunch left an then next thing I saw it was sold out.
I never rely on the counter if you want it and have the money buy it as soon as you can. Bought Kandor last year and loved it. And bought the base when I realized how small it was. It will look great on the base next to superman
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote