Gen 13

Marvel Knights
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:05 AM   #1452
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
That’s because it one of the single best comic book series ever created. Often it’s heralded as the single best comic book series of the 1970s.
Great to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I usually get an omnibus for Christmas but I'm having a tough time deciding between two. I have the 1st volume of Deadly Hands Of Kung Fu & really enjoyed it. Even though it was a 70's b&w mag., the stories actually continued between issues &, read as a whole, are quite entertaining w/ great art, but there's also a lot of filler articles pertaining to the Martial Arts craze of the same era, & those are way too dated to love.
My 2nd choice being the Marvel Knights omnibus, which could be also great to read as a whole. I remember the Marvel Knights stuff being great in the beginning, but I'm pretty sure it went downhill after a while; except the Ennis' Punisher stuff which stayed brilliant right up 'til the end. The Kung Fu Omni., once it's gone, will be gone forever. The Marvel Knights might vanish as well. "Hmmm" what would you all ask for?
Get Allred & Slott Silver Surfer Marvel Knights is just Quesada stuff. I personally don't collect bits and pieces. I don't know The Deadly Heands of Kung Fu though... And Bendis DD was great.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:47 AM   #1453
protector2814
Phoenix

Thanks, guys.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:37 PM   #1454
protector2814
Phoenix

Anybody end up getting any Marvel Omni. over the holidays? I ended up getting both The Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu, volume 2 & the Marvel Knights Omni, which I've already finished. What did you all score?
Old 12-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #1455
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Anybody end up getting any Marvel Omni. over the holidays? I ended up getting both The Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu, volume 2 & the Marvel Knights Omni, which I've already finished. What did you all score?
Nothing, i would actually get Super Sons and waid FF or Before Watchmen but instead i got 3 Mezco figures. Black Adam, Batman Beyond and Darkseid... well, Darkseid is still on pre order. Merry Figuremes
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:43 PM   #1456
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nice, Jerry. I’ve got both volumes of the Deadly Hands omnibuses but haven’t started them yet. Still working my way through all the Shang Chi, Master of Kung Fu omnibuses but will tackle those two once done with these four.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:08 PM   #1457
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Nice, Jerry. I’ve got both volumes of the Deadly Hands omnibuses but haven’t started them yet. Still working my way through all the Shang Chi, Master of Kung Fu omnibuses but will tackle those two once done with these four.
Thnx Joe - I only have the 1st 3 volumes of Shang. & know I'm gonna regret not having the 4th (money's tight, & I'll bet it "going, going, gone", sometime soon. Still, up there w/ Marvel's Dracula as one of their best 70's books w/ a conclusion.) No body's talking about this, but I've read from a couple reliable sources on-line, that MCU's fast-tracking a film version of Shang-Chi for the next phase of their films. That'll be great. - https://variety.com/2018/film/news/m...ng-1203078923/
Old 12-31-2018, 02:38 AM   #1458
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I’d read this as well, Jerry. Totally stoked for it!

And, if you’re interested, CGN has MoKF vol 4 for 30% off:

https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/s...ilson-cvr.html

Last edited by wktf; 12-31-2018 at 02:41 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #1459
Mister H
Gen 13

Is the upcoming Marvel Conan the Barbarian omnibus going to be in color or black and white?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:41 PM   #1460
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Is the upcoming Marvel Conan the Barbarian omnibus going to be in color or black and white?
Plain 'Conan the Barbarian', due this week, is in color. The 'Savage Sword of Conan' Omni, to come in a couple of months, is in black and white.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote