Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #111
shinigami
A day without sunshine is like... night.

thanks everyone. and i must say i did not expect it to be so huge, even its box is bigger than a life size bust box.

shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #112
Sistahgirl
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

5 weeks later and I finally get a replacement Argus Filch mini-bust(the lantern was broken). But now...the frappin' HEAD was rolling around the box! It looks like half of the resin on the neck post is broken off(and not just a lack of glue).

Immediately called Greg at Gentle Giant(he remembered just sending me a replacement) and he's not sure if they even HAVE any extras, because the edition was so low.

At this point, I'm through with Gentle Giant. I still have my preorder for Wormtail/Peter Pettigrew from Mike @ Razor's Edge, but won't be bothered anymore. In my 26 years of collecting, I've NEVER dealt with a company this inept with product and keeping their core cutomers(Star Wars & Potter).

I'll let everyone know what happens(if anything) next.
Sistahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #113
John828

I was hoping someone could give me some advice regarding displaying GG SW busts. I want to put some on plexiglass risers (not sure if that's the proper term). I see that some members use them for their busts as well. Any thoughts as to where I can get these for a good price?
John828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:49 AM   #114
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John828 View Post
I was hoping someone could give me some advice regarding displaying GG SW busts. I want to put some on plexiglass risers (not sure if that's the proper term). I see that some members use them for their busts as well. Any thoughts as to where I can get these for a good price?
I get my acrylic risers from Laser Creations on eBay. They're pretty cheap. I've found the 5X5 size is ideal for GG's mini busts.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #115
John828

Thanks for the recommendations for the seller and the size.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #116
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

No problem.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #117
Sistahgirl
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

It took nearly 3 weeks, but I finally received ALL of my monies back from the broken Filch bust. At first, only the shipping($9.21) was refunded. I had to call Greg & ask where the rest of the money was and he said the accounting department must not have understood. WHAT?!?! Gentle Giant doesn't even sell anything for $9.21.

5 days later, I spoke to another CSR named Roger, who almost didn't want to give me my $60 back stating that the bust was a "gift" from last year. I nearly chewed him out stating that a.) the gift was mailed until THIS year and b.) that Greg had sent me an email offering a refund since he didn't have any extra Filch busts(and I offered to send him the email) and c.) he can color it anyway he wants, but spending $60 doesn't equate to FREE in any way, shape or form!

Well, Greg was there, Roger spoke to him and someone named Edna in accounting(too many damn cooks!) and my $60 refund was processed(which was finally put back into my account today).

Trained monkeys, I'm tellin' ya! Just glad it's over and I hope none of you will ever have to deal with this type of nonsense from Gentle Giant.
Sistahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #118
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Here are my latest Attakus additions. These are 1/10 scale, and are limited edition pieces, released through Editions Atlas with a subscription to the SW magazine.

Boba Fett:

Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #119
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Stormtrooper:

Thanks to Josh2K4 for pointing me in the direction of the french website that I got these from. They were sooo much easier to get than I thought they'd be. Now, if only I can find a Bossk to go with these.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #120
John828

They look real nice Tony. Are they as good looking in person as they are in the pics? How's the detail for a 1/10 scale statue?