Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

dropping kids at parties

i had a bday party for my daughter at a park this year. i knew the kids and most of the parents from volunteering at my kids school but not all of them. i was shocked that parents would come to a party in a park and just drop there kids off and leave. one kids parent dropped them at the front of the park no where near me and left. if my duaghter didn't see there kid i would have never known she was there.

the killer of all this is i am thought of as the bad parent in school social circles cause after halloween i let me kids eat a sucker on the way to school or cause i let them watch icarly. parents are shocked at my behavior as a parent. now get those same parents outside of the school social circle and they dont even care about there kids safety.

i have no problem seeing someone on the net act like an idiot and then be someone else in public but to see a bunch of parents act one way in front of everyone and then another way when they are alone is shocking especially when it is there kids life at risk and with the parent that is supposably irresponsible cause his kids watched the G I Joe movie.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
ratchet
Mandarin

It drives me nuts that some parents are comfortable enough to drop thier kids off with out any real supervision. I see younger and younger children being dropped off at the mall on Fri and Sat nights. They think the security guards are there to babysit...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Two mothers at my little girls school considered me a bad parent for teaching my 7 year old Teakwondo.

The most vocal of the two [who expressed concerns to the school that my daughter would somehow injure other children if taught it] turned up at my daughters birthday party to collect her child drunk.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
Hulk5150
Death is hereditary.

Back when I was in college, I worked at Cedar Point, an amusement park that had more roller coasters than any other park in the world.

Here's a *common* scenario:
Parent(s) and kid(s) walk up to me.
Parent: "Is my daughter tall enough to ride?"
Me (after measuring her): "No, I'm sorry, she's not tall enough to ride; she has to be 48" tall."
Parent: "How long is the wait?"
Me: "It's about two hours right now."
Parent: "Okay honey, we're gonna wait in line. You wait around here and we'll be back when the little hand is on the four, okay?"

Child Molester within earshot: "Sweeeeeeet!"

This happened ALL. THE. TIME.
We're in one of the biggest amusement parks in the world, packed with sweaty, toothless, slack-jawed pederasts and they're going to go into a deep, winding line in which you cannot see the entrance or exit after entering and leave their little girl to fend for herself for two hours?!

And you KNOW that if anything would have happened to the girl, the parents would sue the amusement park.
Hulk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Two mothers at my little girls school considered me a bad parent for teaching my 7 year old Teakwondo.
I'd tell the hypocrites to stay outta your f@#king business. Just because they can't control their own lives doesn't give them the right to control yours.
My daughter is in Taekwondo and a lady working as a cashier when I was at checkout asked me why I put her in the class. I told her "what business is it of yours?" She said "she's a girl."
I told her she should just continue doing her menial job and don't try to think to hard..it doesn't suit her.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
She said "she's a girl."
I had that said to me, I told them "that's the main reason she's learning it".
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:

The most vocal of the two [who expressed concerns to the school that my daughter would somehow injure other children if taught it] turned up at my daughters birthday party to collect her child drunk.
It would've been hilarious if you had that parent detained; citizen's arrest, to protect the child from a possibly DUI-related accident on their way home.

Citizen's arrests most often involve parents (and regrettably, their children) as kids usually can't (or don't know they can) speak up for themselves.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

She seriously said "she's a girl?"

Yes.. clearly your daughter should be learning how to knit socks and hang clothes from the washline, as this is the 1930s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
I'd tell the hypocrites to stay outta your f@#king business. Just because they can't control their own lives doesn't give them the right to control yours.
My daughter is in Taekwondo and a lady working as a cashier when I was at checkout asked me why I put her in the class. I told her "what business is it of yours?" She said "she's a girl."
I told her she should just continue doing her menial job and don't try to think to hard..it doesn't suit her.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #9
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Thats nuts... I would never leave my kids alone like that...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
That's nothing a roundhouse to the back of the head couldn't fix
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote