Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #6731
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

again with the..." most of you never heard of this character until the movie, tv show etc, i was reading the comics in 57'...who cares how a person heard of a character, if they like it then let them buy the statue. I never realized you had know the bio of any character before purchasing a statue. So many damn elitist individuals in the statue collecting game. "you all think deathstroke was from batman?? Deadpool wasnt just a movie, he has been around for longer then you realize." This is a statue collecting hobby, not a comic character quiz group
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #6732
tormentedbliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Never said I would get an EX for way less. I will get the reg for way less. EX is not do or die.
i agree, i will do the same
Old 08-13-2017, 07:59 PM   #6733
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
@Killer Instinct - Looks like someone watched the show today ^ haha. I have no shame in my game, man. There's nothing wrong with gaining your love for a character through cartoons. We grew up in different environments/times, I wasn't exposed to the same things as you. The kids I hung out with didn't really read comics - we just woke up early before school and weekends and watched cartoons That 90's show is the ONLY reason I was interested enough in Spidey & Venom to buy and read the McFarlane omnibus. If not, I probably never would've known who they were or felt the need to find out. If I'm being honest, I didn't even know who THANOS was. It's the MCU and this statue from Sideshow that really made me curious. It drove me to buy a paperback copy of Infinity Gauntlet and after reading it, I love Thanos and this Maquette 10X more :P

Anyway, I know quality is one of your main concerns (and rightfully so), but I honestly wouldn't worry too much. I have a feeling that this will be one of the greatest statues Sideshow has ever released. To the guys thinking they'll snag an EX for retail or below in years to come, PM me your addresses so I can get some of the good sh!t your smoking.
sometimes its painful to watch but entertaining none the less depending on who is on and what the subject is. Calling the Deadpool by Aaron Rey Perez a statue you wouldn't wipe your butt with wasn't something I agree with. It's probably sculpted better than a good portion of the statues you have piled up. The alternative head sculpt looks exactly like Ryan Reynolds looks like in the film, I much like many others actually think the sculpt is pretty damn good to great. Carlos comes from collecting 1:6 scale toys and is barely learning about the statue hobby, lol and agreeing with him about this piece was pretty hilarious. But remember art is subjective and everyone got's different tastes, some people like Pokemon and Yugioh and other people like me who are older think it's a stupid @ss card game that little kids play during recess. In my day we played sports and the only cards we collected were baseball cards, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormentedbliss View Post
people will regret not buying the best piece to date for the best price...hulk vs wolverine for $650?? when deadpool and lady DP , Bane and countless other sell for more? A fabulous Hulk sculpt, best paint ive seen on any hulk, the dynamic pose and great looking wolviw..minus his teeth. To say this isnt a GREAT statue at a great price is laughable. Sure with so many made there is bound to be some issues. If many people are claiming its a great statue at a great price maybe they are correct and your just wrong
It's a decent piece but calling it a great statue is something that is up to each individual, I had it for a long time before returning it and to me it was meh, nothing bad but nothing as great as people claim. I won't miss not having it since nobody with the EX will have the paint match on Wolverines head and that's a fact. Everybody who owns the EX knows exactly what I'm talking about.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #6734
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

@Killer Instinct - My comment about that statue was a joke lol. While I still don't like it - it's good for what it is. Hand sculpting seems to be a lost art in this hobby - so props to him for keeping it classy. Carlos has been collecting statues longer than ME btw lol - he's not just "learning about the hobby."

- Just throwing this out there, I played football all 4 years of HS and 2 years of peewee when I was 12. Sports is something I grew up with too - but so was Yu-Gi-Oh It's funny that you say older people like yourself think "it's a stupid @ss card game that little kids play during recess", because I'm sure some of your elders would think the same of your super hero statue collection haha
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:13 PM   #6735
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
@Killer Instinct - Looks like someone watched the show today ^ haha. I have no shame in my game, man. There's nothing wrong with gaining your love for a character through cartoons. We grew up in different environments/times, I wasn't exposed to the same things as you. The kids I hung out with didn't really read comics - we just woke up early before school and weekends and watched cartoons That 90's show is the ONLY reason I was interested enough in Spidey & Venom to buy and read the McFarlane omnibus. If not, I probably never would've known who they were or felt the need to find out. If I'm being honest, I didn't even know who THANOS was. It's the MCU and this statue from Sideshow that really made me curious. It drove me to buy a paperback copy of Infinity Gauntlet and after reading it, I love Thanos and this Maquette 10X more :P

Anyway, I know quality is one of your main concerns (and rightfully so), but I honestly wouldn't worry too much. I have a feeling that this will be one of the greatest statues Sideshow has ever released. To the guys thinking they'll snag an EX for retail or below in years to come, PM me your addresses so I can get some of the good sh!t your smoking.
Same here.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #6736
tormentedbliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
sometimes its painful to watch but entertaining none the less depending on who is on and what the subject is. Calling the Deadpool by Aaron Rey Perez a statue you wouldn't wipe your butt with wasn't something I agree with. It's probably sculpted better than a good portion of the statues you have piled up. The alternative head sculpt looks exactly like Ryan Reynolds looks like in the film, I much like many others actually think the sculpt is pretty damn good to great. Carlos comes from collecting 1:6 scale toys and is barely learning about the statue hobby, lol and agreeing with him about this piece was pretty hilarious. But remember art is subjective and everyone got's different tastes, some people like Pokemon and Yugioh and other people like me who are older think it's a stupid @ss card game that little kids play during recess. In my day we played sports and the only cards we collected were baseball cards, lol.

It's a decent piece but calling it a great statue is something that is up to each individual, I had it for a long time before returning it and to me it was meh, nothing bad but nothing as great as people claim. I won't miss not having it since nobody with the EX will have the paint match on Wolverines head and that's a fact. Everybody who owns the EX knows exactly what I'm talking about.
i have the EX, but since it was my first p.o. ever and the second one i received ( hulk PF arrived 1st, bought of ebay) i simply don't have the same objectiveness as others. I was amazed by both, the flaws werent as obvious to myself. I'm sure the longer i'm in the hobby those things will affect my opinion. Yes the EX wolvie head is slightly different shade of yellow, i just checked. lol
Old 08-14-2017, 02:47 PM   #6737
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Same here.

Batman the Animated series was, and will ALWAYS be my #1 tho Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy are both gonna be at NYCC. I cannot WAIT!!!
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #6738
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

It is going to be very difficult for me to not be a "Thanos hipster" when Infinity War comes out.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #6739
Dark_Hado
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

3rd payment charged today. almost halfway there
Dark_Hado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:40 PM   #6740
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Didn't say you did lol. I hope you do! Either way - EX or Reg, I think people are gonna be blown away by this piece. I don't see why Sideshow would hype this up so much if they weren't going to deliver. Did we ever get confirmation from SS that what we saw at SDCC was truly a production piece?

I dont think so, there is not enough human character in this piece and nothing life-like.

He is a purple dude with eyes that are not actually eyes so what is to screw up? This is a simple paint and even if a color is off a little who is gonna know? Red Sonja she devil is a tough paint job, They charged hundreds extra but did nothing to improve the product and Thanos will be the same.

And of course it is not a production piece at SDCC as they have not even gone into production yet.

Name another statue that cost over $1000 and has a run of over 4000????

And I am serious, with all the collectors reading this name another over $1000 statue that has over 4000 pieces. I cant think of anything that was ever made at this price that was so overproduced. Let me know some others because I really cant think of any.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote