Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-02-2020, 10:45 PM   #1941
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardusting View Post
this line pretty much ended me ever buying something from prime 1. I got them all, and seriously every piece was significantly different to the prototype except 1, not to mention yen which starting leaning just 6 months in... and if you complain on their fb page or group your comments get hidden now, deleted, or you get banned. This company is going down the drain. They are so unprofessional and can't handle situations like these. I always got told that it's something with the Japanese but now I believe it after I experienced it lol. They suck at handling problems like these.
What really ticked me off is how unprofessional they were with the "bad" posts they got about this line on their FB group, not the actual pieces that I received (Even though I shouldn't pay that much for that kind of trash quality)

I remember a long while back when Tsume was attacked because of a similar problem they handled the situation a lot more differently, they even started pointing things out which could change from the prototype with a couple of other changes to their policy agreements as far as I can remember.

It's a shame that a company of this size doesn't have the decency to say anything to their customers... however someone quoted their reply back in June I remember, his name was nivek I think, and they told him the classic reply "prototypes are different from end-products" lol
Yeah, I have it on good authority that the founder didn’t give a rip about the Witcher line. The combination of that and they really don’t handle criticism.

On your Yen, did the actual poly start to bend? I’ve been on the lookout for mine leaning. So far, so good.
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:06 PM   #1942
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

It is interesting to hear some of the experiences out there and what may be up with the 1/4 Witcher line. I think it generally sold well for Prime1. From what I have seen so far for the Geralt in 1/3, Wow!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:14 PM   #1943
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
It is interesting to hear some of the experiences out there and what may be up with the 1/4 Witcher line. I think it generally sold well for Prime1. From what I have seen so far for the Geralt in 1/3, Wow!

It definitely has sold well. But they’ve also had issues with several of the entries. I’d say the best of the line was Undvik Geralt (no widespread issues, accurate to proto), Eredin (minor issue, accurate to proto), and Triss (minor paint issue, accurate/exceeded proto).
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:38 AM   #1944
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardusting View Post
this line pretty much ended me ever buying something from prime 1. I got them all, and seriously every piece was significantly different to the prototype except 1, not to mention yen which starting leaning just 6 months in... and if you complain on their fb page or group your comments get hidden now, deleted, or you get banned. This company is going down the drain. They are so unprofessional and can't handle situations like these. I always got told that it's something with the Japanese but now I believe it after I experienced it lol. They suck at handling problems like these.
What really ticked me off is how unprofessional they were with the "bad" posts they got about this line on their FB group, not the actual pieces that I received (Even though I shouldn't pay that much for that kind of trash quality)

I remember a long while back when Tsume was attacked because of a similar problem they handled the situation a lot more differently, they even started pointing things out which could change from the prototype with a couple of other changes to their policy agreements as far as I can remember.

It's a shame that a company of this size doesn't have the decency to say anything to their customers... however someone quoted their reply back in June I remember, his name was nivek I think, and they told him the classic reply "prototypes are different from end-products" lol
For me, it's a bit more complicated. From P1 I have two pieces, Arkham Batgirl and Geralt (1st version). Their 1/3 Batgirl is awesome, I really love that piece. The Geralt is merely "meh".

Is this a specific Witcher line issue, or is it a scale issue? It seems other 1/4 scale pieces (TMNT) turned out great, so I'm not sure.

At this stage I'm going to chalk it up to an issue (somehow) with The Witcher, and I'll stay away from that line regardless of the scale.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:45 AM   #1945
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

It's wow but it's just render not even printed prototype. Better wait for production pieces from people.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:47 AM   #1946
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
It's wow but it's just render not even printed prototype. Better wait for production pieces from people.
That’s the painted prototype. They showed it off in the next level showcase. Was very clearly a real piece.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:22 AM   #1947
stardusting
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs013564 View Post
Yeah, I have it on good authority that the founder didn’t give a rip about the Witcher line. The combination of that and they really don’t handle criticism.

On your Yen, did the actual poly start to bend? I’ve been on the lookout for mine leaning. So far, so good.
the poly doesn't really look like it's bent when I took Yen out of the base, but the leaning is very obvious, I would say it's around 10-15 degrees so far, also every time I tilt yen back to the center, still drops to the side because of the leaning problem.

I rest Yen on a soft cushion now till I find a way to fix this problem :/
stardusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:26 AM   #1948
Mister H
Green Goblin

Looks like he just beat all the ninja turtles.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:05 AM   #1949
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
That’s the painted prototype. They showed it off in the next level showcase. Was very clearly a real piece.
Who confirmed that? Why they did not show this prototype after Next Level Showcase when they show printed prototypes like Fabok line, Lotr pieces etc. . I ask on Prime1 studio collectors group and Felipe Fiquene, one of mods said that it's render.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:48 AM   #1950
stardusting
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
For me, it's a bit more complicated. From P1 I have two pieces, Arkham Batgirl and Geralt (1st version). Their 1/3 Batgirl is awesome, I really love that piece. The Geralt is merely "meh".

Is this a specific Witcher line issue, or is it a scale issue? It seems other 1/4 scale pieces (TMNT) turned out great, so I'm not sure.

At this stage I'm going to chalk it up to an issue (somehow) with The Witcher, and I'll stay away from that line regardless of the scale.
I rarely ever hear of problems with their DC line, whether movie or videogame based. But I constantly hear about issues with their other less famous pieces having questionable quality (not just the Witcher line). This line just happened to be consistently inferior.
stardusting is offline   Reply With Quote