Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 09-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #31
rassilon22
Doh!

Dungeon master Eric and Sheila are now out of pre order on sideshowtoy.com.
rassilon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:22 AM   #32
Phoenixblazes
Suicide Squad

They’ve just put up for preorder Venger with Nightmare & Shadow Demon Deluxe BDS Art Scale 1/10.

It’s a nice looking piece. But because I’m not interested in this particular line, my first thought upon seeing this was wondering if they could also do a Valkyrie with Pegasus from Endgame.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:36 PM   #33
Khufu
Mephisto

I just received the first three, and I'm really impressed. These are my first Iron Studios pieces, and they are really well done. Can't wait for the rest!

Group

Dungeon Master

Eric the Cavalier

Shield the Thief
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #34
rassilon22
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
They’ve just put up for preorder Venger with Nightmare & Shadow Demon Deluxe BDS Art Scale 1/10.

It’s a nice looking piece. But because I’m not interested in this particular line, my first thought upon seeing this was wondering if they could also do a Valkyrie with Pegasus from Endgame.
That does look really nice. I wonder if it will be up for pre-order on sideshowtoy.com.
rassilon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 03:46 PM   #35
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Don't buy direct

Have a few of these statues and although small they look great...and since they take up less space leaves more for statues i really want done in larger scale.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #36
GavilanOrd
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Give me a Tiamat in this scale and I'm all in...
GavilanOrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:21 PM   #37
Khufu
Mephisto

Just received shipping confirmation for Friday for the last four: Hank, Bobby, Presto and Diana.
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:56 AM   #38
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That would be AWESOME! Of all the D&D dragons that companies have done, I would think they would have done this one being the most known. I would jump on this as well. Sure glad they added Venger on nightmare with shadowdemon as well. Have that one pre-ordered as well. Unfortunately I did the pre-order direct though. Will see how that goes.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:46 AM   #39
ereyi
Fantastic Four

Problems with mine.

Just got my full set in today from Sideshow. Got to be honest, this is my first time ordering from Sideshow and buying items from Iron Studios and I am a bit underwhelmed by both companies. Grand total for this set was $812.70 (including Tax and Shipping to CA). Now I understand that the price includes 7 statues but the quality of the pieces just seems to be all over the place and I am not sure if it is worth the money. Some look pretty good, others have parts that look so fragile that it seems they could break if hit by a light breeze.
My set came with a BROKEN UNI.
My Hank has a wierd defect on the shackled skeleton on the base; the skeleton's right arm is sticking straight up instead of outstretched.
My Diana's staff has a major bend in it; due in part to it being made of cheap plastic and in part to poor packaging (seems like the styrofoam caused the bend.
My Presto's right hand looks too tight to fit his hat into it, although the hand may be made of plastic and might be able to stretch but I am not sure because there are no instructions or clues as to how to attach the damn hat.
The fingers on my Sheila look so delicate that I am afraid to breath on them.
Overall the statues feel like they are made of some combination of resin and plastic, not sure how to describe it but they just feel a bit off. Now on the plus side, the sculpts are pretty good for the small size. They look, for the most part, like the prototypes and enough like the cartoons that I want to keep them. But I will say that for the total price, I was expecting a bit more consistent quality. And as for Sideshow's packaging, I would say it is pretty poor. They stuff the art box into some random sized box, put it right up against the sides and just shove some butcher paper around one of the sides and top to keep it from moving around. No bubble wrap, no foam corners, no space around the art box to be sure it does not take a direct hit if droped, just the bare minimum. Either way, I have contacted sideshow with my issues, lets see how their customer service responds.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Uni Broken Leg1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	126383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hank Base Sample.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	126384   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hank Base1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	126385   Click image for larger version

Name:	Diana Staff2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	126386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Presto Fingers3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	126387  

ereyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #40
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereyi View Post
Just got my full set in today from Sideshow. Got to be honest, this is my first time ordering from Sideshow and buying items from Iron Studios and I am a bit underwhelmed by both companies. Grand total for this set was $812.70 (including Tax and Shipping to CA). Now I understand that the price includes 7 statues but the quality of the pieces just seems to be all over the place and I am not sure if it is worth the money. Some look pretty good, others have parts that look so fragile that it seems they could break if hit by a light breeze.
My set came with a BROKEN UNI.
My Hank has a wierd defect on the shackled skeleton on the base; the skeleton's right arm is sticking straight up instead of outstretched.
My Diana's staff has a major bend in it; due in part to it being made of cheap plastic and in part to poor packaging (seems like the styrofoam caused the bend.
My Presto's right hand looks too tight to fit his hat into it, although the hand may be made of plastic and might be able to stretch but I am not sure because there are no instructions or clues as to how to attach the damn hat.
The fingers on my Sheila look so delicate that I am afraid to breath on them.
Overall the statues feel like they are made of some combination of resin and plastic, not sure how to describe it but they just feel a bit off. Now on the plus side, the sculpts are pretty good for the small size. They look, for the most part, like the prototypes and enough like the cartoons that I want to keep them. But I will say that for the total price, I was expecting a bit more consistent quality. And as for Sideshow's packaging, I would say it is pretty poor. They stuff the art box into some random sized box, put it right up against the sides and just shove some butcher paper around one of the sides and top to keep it from moving around. No bubble wrap, no foam corners, no space around the art box to be sure it does not take a direct hit if droped, just the bare minimum. Either way, I have contacted sideshow with my issues, lets see how their customer service responds.
That's too bad about Uni. You should be able to get a replacement easy enough though.
Some of your complaints, even though legit, I feel won't bother you over time and might even be correctable. My interest in this is just as a spectator because of future dios I want to purchase, so I don't have any of these pieces, but looking at the pictures it looks like the skeleton arm is adjustable. Did you try moving the chain to reposition the arm?
The fragile looking hands is something I'm familiar with and was my only real complaint with the 1/10 Wonder Woman but I've pretty much forgotten about it until reading this post. I think once you have everything together after a few weeks you won't even notice them in this dio.
Warming up the staff should help straighten it out but if SS is willing to send you a replacement then take it.
Good luck. Hope everything works out for you.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote