Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 08-05-2016, 05:29 PM   #31
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
My wallet just fell apart reading that. HA
Did I forget to write "after I win the lottery"? My fault.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:24 PM   #32
grphyx1
Kingpin

BBTS has a few for preorder if anyone is looking
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:14 PM   #33
grphyx1
Kingpin

Well Hawaiian print Luka Leelee is real, however, she is 11.5 inches tall ES of 566
Old 08-26-2016, 01:45 PM   #34
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Well Hawaiian print Luka Leelee is real, however, she is 11.5 inches tall ES of 566
I'm still sorting out my feelings on this one. Ultimately, I'm glad to be receiving Vicki over Yuku, but it took a fair bit of contemplation to commit to a piece of its expense and size. The latter especially is the difference between building a display around the piece, like I've done in the past with my Premium Format figures, and casually placing it wherever it fits best with current and future purchases. Based on what we've seen, I'm confident, paint (especially on the sand and flesh tone gradation) and presence-wise, Vicki will justify the commitment.

On a less critical note, it looks like Attakus has these all boxed up and ready to ship to distributors. Vatine already has his displayed.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #35
grphyx1
Kingpin

I hear ya. there definitely was a slight hesitation when it came to the price, but I'm still happy looking at it so I know i'll be glad that i did. I happy also that they didn't create a variant at the larger size.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:31 PM   #36
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I hear ya. there definitely was a slight hesitation when it came to the price, but I'm still happy looking at it so I know i'll be glad that i did.

Quote:
I happy also that they didn't create a variant at the larger size.
Based on the photo of Vatine's collection, this may be the first time Attakus didn't just do that.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:38 PM   #37
grphyx1
Kingpin

yes the Cixi of Troy had two color variants I think. Oh wait they are both there HA. didn't realize
Old 08-26-2016, 03:04 PM   #38
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
yes the Cixi of Troy had two color variants I think. Oh wait they are both there HA. didn't realize
Prior to the Vicki/Yuku case, I actually appreciated variants for the most part, as I'm a fairly new collector who's bought most of my statues on the aftermarket. Having a variant to choose from, especially if it was harder to find, kept me from pulling the trigger on pieces I wasn't 100% in love with. That of course came from knowing upfront there were multiple options with their respective pros and cons to choose from. I feel bad for some Sideshow collectors because the variants aren't only announced after people's regulars have shipped, but they tend to be more limited, so it's not as simple as selling the regular on EBay when it's readily in-stock elsewhere.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:58 PM   #39
grphyx1
Kingpin

I totally understand wanting to get some of the older pieces. I missed out on a few pieces, not because they came out before I collected, but before I knew I wanted them. Now I'm more selective about what I purchase. With attakus they are not so popular in the US, at one point they sold 1/4 scale Star Wars pieces in the US but that licensing distribution got pulled. So their SW pieces tend to be pricey in that scale.

Attakus usually has stellar paint apps.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:49 PM   #40
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah, I've seen that full-size Vader on Vatine's shelf go for crazy aftermarket prices. Among the Star Wars pieces, I really like that, as well as the Boba Fett with his rifle pointed upward and the Twi'lek dancer from Jabba's palace (I'm sure there are plenty more worthy of mentioning.)

I learned of Attakus and BD statues in general through the Hellboy Fariboles put out a year or two ago, which I was surprised beat out the Bowen diorama as my favorite statue of him.