Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Which of these Hulk Transformations Sculpts do you like the most? And Why?
Entry 1 7 4.86%
Entry 2 69 47.92%
Entry 3 9 6.25%
Entry 4 59 40.97%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2016, 02:13 PM   #21
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
#4 for me.
And why?
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:23 PM   #22
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

4 all day long
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:24 PM   #23
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
4 all day long
And why?
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #24
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
#2 is clearly my choice for a few reasons.

1) I hate, hate, hate the #4 Kirby inspired Frankenstein monster look...I mean hate it. Yes...HATE!!! One of the reasons why I think the Original SS Hulk PF is overrated!! This is not a knock on the artist that came up with the concept for #4, as quite honestly, it is pretty good...but it has been kind of done before. I kind of can go along with the look of #2 supplanting the Kirby look of #4 concept. That would or could be a solid amalgamtion of the two. Maybe split the $10,000 prize in half and give $5,000 to the artist that did #2 and the other $5,000 to #4.

2) While I think the details of #1 are great, it has too much of a zombie Hulk look to me and I really don't get a transformation feel from that like I do with #2 or even #3 or #4.

3) #3 is in the area of #2, but I like the more excruciating / crazed look of Banner in #2 more. In addition, I also like the look of #2 style Hulk more than #3. #3 is well done, there is just a little more action and intensity in #2.

4) #2 is really the overall winner for me. I have a similar feel like Grumpy, but quite honestly, if for no other reason....it is almost the perfect looking Hulk face and body IMO. It is the one that appears to need the least work or changes made to it as well.

Overall, I want to congratulate all the entrants and I hope it inspires you / them to keep work at sculpting (3D or traditionally). It's better than anything I could have done and for that...I give you all the credit in the world. If by chance #4 can get changed with a more modern looking Hulk similar to #2, then I'd be all in for #4. Or, why not go with #4 and change it to Ross / Red Hulk transformation?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:45 PM   #25
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Come on, Loric! Nobody wants opera-singing Hulk! Even Banner hates it and has to cover his ears in pain....kidding, but as much as you want another modern Hulk, I do not, as I stated already. Red Hulk would at least be something different.

I'll also be honest and admit that I was hoping somebody would wow with the actual concept of transformation, which I don't see in any of these, really. Perhaps, those entries all fell into the hard to produce/package category.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:08 PM   #26
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
And why?
I don't want a "before and after".

I want something that shows the "inbetween process". That is what makes this whole concept so special...and different from what else is out there.

I am not saying #4 is my favourite of all the concepts I've seen (wink) but it is my favourite of the choices we've been given.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:10 PM   #27
jedisword
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

#2 for me, sculpt wise both Hulk and Banner look better, isn't as cluttered and is less amateurish compared to the others
jedisword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #28
miguelcg3d
Doh!

My entry do not work

Good, the decision was already taken. I just wanted them to know my work because this is internet so this was my entry in the contest !! thank you so much!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk_Transformation_01_MH.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	97701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk_Transformation_03_MH.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	97702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk_Transformation_05_MH.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	97703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk_Transformation_06_MH.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	97704  
miguelcg3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #29
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

#2 gets my vote.

Love the sculpt. Much prefer that look for Hulk as opposed to the Kirby look and Dr Banner's showing such pain grabbing his head as his glasses fall off and his eyes turn green is classic!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:17 PM   #30
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I really like number 2's Banner. I like the three part transformation of number 4, but not the Hulk. I think a mix of number 2 and number 4 is a winner...number 2's Banner and something closer to number 2's Hulk with number 4's middle part of the transformation.

If I have to pick one, number 2 takes it.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote