Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-28-2018, 12:58 AM   #631
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_apprentice View Post
Still don't understand the difference between a maquette, a comiquette, a premium format figure, and a statue...
MAQ = Expensive and detailed. Can be any scale and is movie or
Comic based.

COM = Generally 1/5 scale, but a few 1/4 scale statues too.
Comic based statues that were fully sculpted. It looks
like sideshow abandoned this label.

PF = A 1/4 scale statue. Can be fully sculpted or mixed media.

Statue = Usually 1/5 scale statues. Think Avengers Assembled
line.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:07 AM   #632
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
This will be $650+ easily. Every one of these ladies has been more expensive than the last (excluding psylocke because she wasn't a Maquette). My guess is she will fall between $675 - $699. If they do decide to slap the maquette label on her because they took down her listing then she will be similar price to rogue. I agree with AC_808 that would be an insult to our intelligence.

What I also feel is an insult is that SS Alex said they couldnt have psylocke on last weeks live show because she was boxed up to ship to NYCC. How are they having X-23 on the show then right before NYCC? are they going to have the liveshow at NYCC and not a their new studio? and if they are having it at NYCC, why not show psylocke as well, who is already up for PO??
X-23 won’t be physically featured on the live show for the same reason Psylocke wasn’t...both are about to arrive to NYC for NYCC next week. So the segment for X-23 will be similar in nature to Psylocke’s from over a week ago.

That all said, there are a ton of live-streams planned for NYCC where all products on display will be shown and talked about from the show floor...including X-23 and Psylocke.

Just wanted to clear up some of the confusion in here.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:08 AM   #633
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
BOOM, excellent point. But, the answer is simple. We just like our conspiracy theories.
This is 100% true. Y’all do. And that’s a ok to like such things.

Last edited by SSAlex; 09-28-2018 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:19 AM   #634
actionjackson83
Midnighter

hoping for the best on this as far as pricing as I'd love to add her as an addition to the Wolverine PF.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #635
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
X-23 won’t be physically featured on the live show for the same reason Psylocke wasn’t...both are about to arrive to NYC for NYCC next week. So the segment for X-23 will be similar in nature to Psylocke’s from over a week ago.

That all said, there are a ton of live-streams planned for NYCC where all products on display will be shown and talked about from the show floor...including X-23 and Psylocke.

What segment did Psylocke get? She had a Tuesday blog, but was never mentioned on the live show. In this past live show, it specifically had X-23 as coming next Wednesday. So, I'm confused.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:37 AM   #636
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

First off I want to say thank you for responding to us and putting up with all of our frustrations, conspiracy theories and rudeness in some cases.

Quote:
What segment did Psylocke get? She had a Tuesday blog, but was never mentioned on the live show. In this past live show, it specifically had X-23 as coming next Wednesday. So, I'm confused.
I feel exactly the way Northern does here. He said it perfectly, I think we are all confused.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:51 AM   #637
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
hoping for the best on this as far as pricing as I'd love to add her as an addition to the Wolverine PF.
Yep, me too.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:21 PM   #638
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Psylocke would have had a brief mention and a gallery slideshow. X-23 will be given a similar treatment since the piece is not physically in house. That’s the typical protocol for items that are about to Pre-Order but aren’t in house to feature physically on the show.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:53 PM   #639
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Psylocke would have had a brief mention and a gallery slideshow. X-23 will be given a similar treatment since the piece is not physically in house. That’s the typical protocol for items that are about to Pre-Order but aren’t in house to feature physically on the show.
Thanks for the clarification Alex
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:00 PM   #640
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Very appreciated Alex that you are providing feedback to the fans. It helps to know that there is someone listening even though there are different folks making the decisions.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote