Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 09-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

The "Bad Girl" Art Print/Art Book Thread

I am creating this thread for the sole purpose of tracking all of the "bad girl" prints and lithographs that get released. The market has really exploded in recent years so it would be nice to have a single thread to keep track of all of the new releases. So if you see something that hasn't been mentioned, by all means post it up. There is no need to post Aspen prints as there is already an Aspen print thread on Statueforum. So basically all non-Aspen "bad girl" prints.

I will start things off with 2 nice Aphrodite IX prints by Top Cow. They are 11x17 and each have an edition size of 50. If you act fast, you can get them for just $10.00 each ($15.00 signed) as Top Cow is currently having a 50% off sale to celebrate Matt Hawkins birthday. The sale is today only and only a few copies of each print remain (9/13/2013).

http://www.thetopcowstore.com/Produc...Code=APHIXSDCC

OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
rottencat
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Great thread. Please keep posting, thanks!
rottencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #3
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

Looks like a great thread that we can share ALL our likes Thanks OC!
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I have changed the name of this thread (or at least the title for my initial post) to include Art Books. Combining them just seemed preferable to starting a separate thread for "bad girl" art books. I would rather keep the focus on a single thread. If you think its preferable to keep them separate, let me know. I can always change it back. I am not sure how to change the actual thread name. I looked around but didn't see any options. If anyone knows how to change the thread name, please shoot me a PM and let me know.

Anyways, I stumbled on a new art book on Amazon that really caught my interest, The Art of Dejah Thoris and the Worlds of Mars (hard cover).

Taken from Amazon:

Quote:
Since the first serialized adventures in 1912 of the Martian Princess Dejah Thoris and her beloved hero, John Carter, science fiction and fantasy enthusiasts have dreamed of the faraway Red Planet, its wondrous sights and monstrous perils. Fans and fine art lovers need dream no longer! In hundreds of full-color illustrations, the finest artists of modern fantasy have brought the dying world of Mars to life, depicting scenes of brutal conflict with alien beasts, quiet moments overlooking Martian wastes, and enticing visions of an exotic princess at her most intimate. This magnificent hardcover collection features the talents of Alex Ross, J. Scott Campbell, Joe Jusko, Art Adams, Paul Renaud, Lucio Parillo, Francesco Francavilla, and many more!
The MSRP is $39.99 but the current pre-order price is $22.32. Its slated for release on December 31st, 2013. This is simply a must buy in my book!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

Anyone who is interested, Everette Hartsoe has 50% off of his prints for the next 2 days

Makes them around $15 I believe and they're pretty nicely done in my opinion. Nothing fancy paper stock wise but good colors
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #6
rottencat
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Sketchcraft is on Kickstarter. This one looks similar to Campbell's work

Pretty cool stuff

rottencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #7
MLKViper1968
Doh!
Adamantium Plus Member

I just picked this print up .

I am wondering did I pay too much ?
It is a Greg Horn Marvel Divas print . I paid 100.00 for it . It is signed by Greg Horn and Stan Lee . I am new at prints . I liked this one because it has all my favorites on it .
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	499.0 KB
ID:	86355

Michael

This is not the picture of the one I bought . I just used it as a reference .
MLKViper1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:08 PM   #8
BOSCO
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Nice print
That's a great price too. Print and 2 sig's.
I got a Stan Lee autograph at the London Film & Comic Con, it cost £45.
So you did good.
BOSCO is offline   Reply With Quote