Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Bowen's Abomination review

Ok I had this bad boy once before when I had the Retro green Hulk. I sold the Hulk off when I got the Hulk comiquette. Since there was no Hulk there was not a real need for the Abomination. Now in no way is that a knock on this statue. This is IMO Bowen's best statue. I think it is really amazing and by far the best Abomination statue out there. It has great detail for a Bowen statue. I just got rid of it because I no longer had a Hulk to go with him. Fast foward a few years and I end up with the smackdown Hulk. So I decided to get Abom again. After all these two pieces were made for each other.

Let me say again. This is a great statue. But what really is awsome about this piece is how much better it makes the smackdown Hulk. It has made the smackdown Hulk one of my fav. Hulk statues now. In all honesty I thought I might try and sell the Hulk but after getting the abomination there is no way I am going to sell either of them.

Face sculpt - 4.5 out of 5 - Pretty much perfect. This looks like a cross between the classic abom and the more modern version. I love his look of hate and rage. Lots of detail really help bring this piece to life

Body Sculpt - 5 out of 5 / Pose - 5 out of 5 - Total 5 out of 5 - I love this pose that they use. It has such a natural and real looking flow to him. It is just fantastic and fits perfectly with the Hulk. Again detail on this is top notch. I love the spikes that are on his back as well as other parts of his body. Both pose and body sculpt is were this guy shines.

Paint - 4 out of 5 - A bad paint job could have botched up this great sculpt. Instead it perfectly adds to it. Almost Perfectly done IMO. The only area that could have been better was the teeth.

Base 3 out of 5 - It does the job and fits perfectly with the Hulk.

Overall - 5 out of 5 - I love this statue as a stand alone. But I really love the fact that it made another statue even better. Not much else to say about this classic piece except that if you own any of the Bowen Hulks you owe it to yourself to get this.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
ratchet
Mandarin

Great review - this is hands down the best Abomination on the market. A 1000 times better than the Bowen bust that came out years earlier
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
JAWS

Thanks Ratchet. Yeah this is by far the best Abomination out there. Better then the bust for sure and better then the SS PF. It will be hard to improve on this one.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Brando81
Doh!

Wow I just looked at this one again after looking at the Koto version. I know Koto's is based off the movie, but it's amazing how different they are.

Brando81
www.jmdretail.com
Facebook jmdretailtoys
Brando81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Astounding
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

That is a nice piece. I'd tweak the paint job myself, but that is what I do. Particularly the face (mouth and eyes). Still, looks great as is.
Astounding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #6
jsnchrry
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando81 View Post
Wow I just looked at this one again after looking at the Koto version. I know Koto's is based off the movie, but it's amazing how different they are.

Brando81
www.jmdretail.com
Facebook jmdretailtoys
yeah they are like night and day. This one is awesome and the koto version is abysmal.
jsnchrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #7
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I've had this one for years and I love it. Just spectacular in every way.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnchrry View Post
yeah they are like night and day. This one is awesome and the koto version is abysmal.
Isn't that the truth! Agreed!!!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:08 AM   #9
JAWS

Updated with photos back in place.