Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-24-2021, 04:11 PM   #461
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
There were genuine concerns they would alter her costume to cover her completely. I've seen PG with variable size busts, and I think in all of them she looks great. Would I love a comic accurate Amanda Conner depiction in statue form? Yes, but sadly DC has made it clear past decade they dislike the character and only permit her appearances in Palmiotti and Conner works.

The fact we are getting large scale statue at all for a character with such minimal exposure and a repeated decision to stifle her speaks volumes about a determined fanbase. On art sites PG art is always top ten DC heroines. I'd love to be spoiled for choice with poses and all, but I'm stunned having any conversation to worry about details.

Thank you. This community is really nice to celebrate with given this hobby is very private and niche int he world.
Covering her completely would be hypocritical and ridiculous seeing as Starfire is out there in the world. I'm happy for all the PG fans who didn't get hosed with a nun version of PG. I still think they went too conservative with the reduction in the breasts.

And I have no faith Storm is showing in the next two weeks. Can't be throwing all the ladies into the order pond at once. Doom or Hulkbuster Dio. It's gonna be a long wait for Storm, just like it was for her damn shadow image. At this point I will be lucky if I can even order it before my birthday on May 6th that's how little faith I have anymore.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:16 PM   #462
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

From what I see, they can now lend themselves their bras...
Is this 1/2 Power Girl, or Power Girl 0,5.0?
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:26 PM   #463
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Lol at people complaining about breast size. Is that what makes the character for some people? She looks badass here.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:31 PM   #464
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Covering her completely would be hypocritical and ridiculous seeing as Starfire is out there in the world. I'm happy for all the PG fans who didn't get hosed with a nun version of PG. I still think they went too conservative with the reduction in the breasts.
Power Girl became a target for certain prudish mindsets. It is no surprise in New 52 they gave her that awful costume covering her up.

I don't even understand how they come to conclusion that varying breasts size mean anything. I have a friend with very large breasts (larger than ever seen PGs), it happens with some women and idea they would be shamed is just bizarre in the age of "body positivity". Have diversity in types of women, don't "fix" them by demanding a set norm related to this era's sex negativity outlook.

Enough grumbling, I'm getting an awesome Power Girl statue and I hope this helps her get more fans selling out encouraging other companies to take notice.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:34 PM   #465
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
Lol at people complaining about breast size. Is that what makes the character for some people? She looks badass here.
I take it you're not familiar with how she's been drawn for decades then.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:37 PM   #466
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

It's not unreasonable for people to be upset with her breast size. They vary in size depending on artist, but she's been known for having large breasts for a very long time. They used to make jokes about it in the comics constantly.

I think the statue looks good overall--the body is amazing except for her breast size, but I agree with Demona that she's not as pretty as I expected. Also, seeing Power Girl and Supergirl side-by-side really shows how much Sideshow's Supergirl PF looks like a Bishoujo statue.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:39 PM   #467
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Also, seeing Power Girl and Supergirl side-by-side really shows how much Sideshow's Supergirl PF looks like a Bishoujo statue.
That occurred to me, too.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:42 PM   #468
qz33
Doctor Doom

Never accept shame for being a man.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:46 PM   #469
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Never accept shame for being a man.
Well said!
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:47 PM   #470
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
Lol at people complaining about breast size. Is that what makes the character for some people?
You're right, does she need her breasts to fly. No.
Superman could look like a spaghetti. Does he need all these muscles since he has a super power that doesn't care about his muscular mass? No.

Power Girl
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote