Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-29-2017, 12:24 PM   #2321
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Anyone who has the ability to conquer, can potentially rule, yes. But that doesn't automatically make you an heir, or give you much 'claim' on a throne in an established kingdom. That's typically done through ancestry, by most medieval laws. Therefore, Jon does have the strongest legitimate claim on the Iron Throne - the same Iron Throne created by his ancestor Aegon, through conquering and unifying the Seven Kingdoms. In fact, I'd say his claim is strengthened further by having Stark 'First Men' blood as well.

Right now, would you say that Prince Charles has a greater claim to the British throne, OR some currently unknown individual with plans to murder and replace the current monarchy, through brute force?

Sorry dude - Stannis ain't gettin the Iron Throne.
See, this is what I wasn't sure of. I kept trying to remember whether or not the Targaryens are the 1st royal family or not. Since they created the Iron Throne then it would seem so, thus they always have the rightful claim to the throne.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:55 PM   #2322
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
See, this is what I wasn't sure of. I kept trying to remember whether or not the Targaryens are the 1st royal family or not. Since they created the Iron Throne then it would seem so, thus they always have the rightful claim to the throne.
First and only (for ~300 years), until Robert "the Usurper". But - during this time, there were two rightful Targaryen heirs who were usurped by other Targaryens.

Scroll down to the List of Kings:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Iron_Throne
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:54 PM   #2323
johnclone
The Enchantress

Just read that the premiere of season 8 will be in 2019.

I should say, May be in 2019.

Though the eighth season premiere has no official date, expect for it to debut towards the end of 2018. If all goes well for the show and they wrap shooting in March or April 2018, a solid six months of post-production should place the premiere sometime around September or October. Given the amount of battle sequences and CGI expected in the series finale, however, both production and post-production could take longer than expected – and push the Game of Thrones series finale into early 2019.

Well, if it did come to that, I hope early would mean in January. It would be tortuous to wait till summer of 2019.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #2324
Y3E
Gen 13

2019? Bah, I would lose interest by then
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #2325
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Just read that the premiere of season 8 will be in 2019.

I should say, May be in 2019.

Though the eighth season premiere has no official date, expect for it to debut towards the end of 2018. If all goes well for the show and they wrap shooting in March or April 2018, a solid six months of post-production should place the premiere sometime around September or October. Given the amount of battle sequences and CGI expected in the series finale, however, both production and post-production could take longer than expected – and push the Game of Thrones series finale into early 2019.

Well, if it did come to that, I hope early would mean in January. It would be tortuous to wait till summer of 2019.
I'm not surprised by this at all given feature films can take years to produce and the final season of GoT will be somewhere near the length of 3 average movies with effects that rival anything on the big screen.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:49 PM   #2326
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
2019? Bah, I would lose interest by then
Anyone remember that show Game of Thrones? It was really big back in 2017. Of course now in 2019 everyone just watches streaming live kittens.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #2327
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm not surprised by this at all given feature films can take years to produce and the final season of GoT will be somewhere near the length of 3 average movies with effects that rival anything on the big screen.
This season's CGI has been remarkable.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:02 PM   #2328
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
This season's CGI has been remarkable.
I know, Ghost looked so much like an actual Ghost this season I never even saw him!
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #2329
johnclone
The Enchantress

I'm sure he's nice and warm sleeping snuggled at the foot of Arya's bed lol. I was waiting for Sansa to ask Arya "Did you feed Ghost this morning?" Or is he still at the Wall? Who knows? But I figure he must be in Winterfell.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:26 PM   #2330
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If Ghost isn't in every damn episode of the last season, I'm going to be heated. Drop the mic, blow the bank, and give me the direwolf!

May he rip the throat out of the Night King.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote