Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #1411
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think Sophie Turner is a bad Dark Phoenix (but a good actress on Game of Thrones. Not knocking her acting just her as Jean Grey). Jennifer Lawrence is terrible. Storm is flop. No interest in this coming Dark Phoenix movie.

However James McAvoy is ok and I like Fassbender as Magneto.

X-Men is in dire need of a reboot. Scrub the scripts. Drop the cast. Redo.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #1412
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I think Sophie Turner is a bad Dark Phoenix (but a good actress on Game of Thrones. Not knocking her acting just her as Jean Grey). Jennifer Lawrence is terrible. Storm is flop. No interest in this coming Dark Phoenix movie.

Well I imagine you're going to get your wish, considering the movement from Fox to Disney/Marvel.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:55 PM   #1413
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Well I imagine you're going to get your wish, considering the movement from Fox to Disney/Marvel.
Concerned about this. But we always have the animated series and old comic books.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:58 PM   #1414
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
If you're willing to accept/be entertained by a movie where people can move metal with their mind, use their mind to tell other people what to do, have someone be able to regenerate their body and have claws come out of their hands, shoot a beam out of their eyes, shapeshift into other people, and transform into a beast, then I think you can probably let some timeline/aging questions slide.
ROFL
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:03 PM   #1415
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

I agree. It's just sad to me that Mystique has to be killed just to get rid of the stench of JL.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:12 PM   #1416
built2shred
Phoenix

Fox made some bad choices in actresses for their X-Men Movies... Most of them just don't fit the roles and it seems rather obvious they only hired them for their names...

I also think Sophie Turner was a horrible choice for Dark Phoenix... and I also think Lawrence was a bad choice for Mystique.. Their look just doesn't match the character they're trying to play...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:30 PM   #1417
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

Quote:
If you're willing to accept/be entertained by a movie where people can move metal with their mind, use their mind to tell other people what to do, have someone be able to regenerate their body and have claws come out of their hands, shoot a beam out of their eyes, shapeshift into other people, and transform into a beast, then I think you can probably let some timeline/aging questions slide.
This is true

I'm being overly critical here

The bar is set pretty low from the last film. I hated that movie so much, it's rather silly how much anticipation I had for it [Apocalypse].
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #1418
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Fox made some bad choices in actresses for their X-Men Movies... Most of them just don't fit the roles and it seems rather obvious they only hired them for their names...

I also think Sophie Turner was a horrible choice for Dark Phoenix... and I also think Lawrence was a bad choice for Mystique.. Their look just doesn't match the character they're trying to play...
Yeah, I don't really see Sophie Turner as Jean Grey either.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:54 PM   #1419
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
Oh?
Find some of his posts disingenuous/hypocritical, bashes wolverine pf because to him it looks a toy, and turns around and praises bat sanity, which looks like a cluster of toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
I didn't realize how cheap the yellow suit, with its waffley texture and muted color, actually looks once you have seen this in person. And yes, I saw the SS in person too.

It's funny, it made me realize I collect statues and not toys...so I guess thank you XM for bringing me back on the right track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Oh. My. Goodness

This is unbelievable!

The painted version is amazing but the dream variant makes it looks like a totally different statue! It’s breathtaking!

I wasn’t planning on getting this but now...which to choose???

This grail and statue of year material. By far best in show.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:15 PM   #1420
Demona
Martian Manhunter

You can bash that Batman piece, but it’s a great damn sculpt. I will be the first to say the paints need to be tweeked (and I did in the XM thread). However the sculpt and art is something nobody else has ever done. So to compare it yet another Wolverine PF doesn’t dismiss that XM again gives collectors something new and different.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote