Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-30-2017, 04:19 AM   #6161
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Try putting a thin coat of vaseline on the rod part. it might help with the insertion of the metal rod. That is the trickiest part to get right when putting this statue together.
That's what she said?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:30 AM   #6162
Ferbaus
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Try putting a thin coat of vaseline on the rod part. it might help with the insertion of the metal rod. That is the trickiest part to get right when putting this statue together.
Hi Loric, the issue is not with the peg not being able to fit. It fits to the phoenix just fine. But when it is, it's basically hanging by the peg. When its secured on the base, the gap is what you see in Pic2.
Ferbaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:44 AM   #6163
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

You have to be doing something wrong. Make sure your connecting the right pieces together and especially that they are put in the correct way. Sometimes a peg can give you a couple ways that feel like it's right when assembling. Good luck.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:50 AM   #6164
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferbaus View Post
First of all Hi to all fellow collectors. I’ve recently got a hold of this magnificent piece from XM. I noticed something odd with the phoenix and base support as I try to assemble it and I was wondering if anyone else have this issue. I can’t seem to find anything on it browsing through this massive forum thread.

The issue is with the support piece with a peg that connects to the main phoenix and attached to the base with magnet. I hope my pictures can explain it better.
Pic2 is when the support magnet is snug with the base, you can see a huge gap and peg is no where near its connection. Thanks all
Hey Ferbaus! Welcome to the forum and congrats on picking up this epic piece! I believe I had a similar issue when I was fiddling around trying to make the Jean Grey body sit more snugly on my original translucent resin bird. But I think your first pic is just about right. For me, I was able to carefully finesse both keys in both holes at the same time while holding both Phoenix pieces together at the point where both pieces are pegged. I hope that makes sense.
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:48 PM   #6165
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

How much is a pheonix with coin going for these days?
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #6166
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Dunno. I have one with a coin, but never looked to sell her.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:50 PM   #6167
Issun
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
How much is a pheonix with coin going for these days?
I was able to snag mine, with coin, for a about $1200sgd minus shipping, not a bad price overall after shipping. Though now it's getting harder to find with coin for a decent price.
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #6168
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issun View Post
I was able to snag mine, with coin, for a about $1200sgd minus shipping, not a bad price overall after shipping. Though now it's getting harder to find with coin for a decent price.
$1,400 USD with coin + free FedEx shipping + free Troy custom head. Repainted the eagle and now am working on finishing my repaint of the Troy head.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:24 AM   #6169
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Finally finished repainting my Troy head. this head came with the XM Phoenix i bought a while back on ebay. unfortunately the seller did not mention the obvious damages on the Phoenix bird and this Troy head so they have always bugged me. also the Phoenix "sentinel" base had small chips on the paint so I also worked on that and color matched the chipped areas. anyway...my work on this XM set is finally done with the completion of this head. now I can be totally happy with this particular statue.

here's a repost of the finished bird i repainted a while back.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote