risingstar
Jedi Order

Nice pics!! Wow!
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:34 AM   #132
mars
The Spirit

Like your photos and Nice statue, and a great start to the Fathom line

P.S. your very close to that beach sea background, you got the beach towel behind you there on the photos and you got Aspen's splashes All U need is some sand
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:41 PM   #133
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

superb pictures of Aspen. Even you dont like the EX arm could you post some pictures with it please
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:06 PM   #134
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Nice pics!! Wow!
Thanks

Quote:
Like your photos and Nice statue, and a great start to the Fathom line

P.S. your very close to that beach sea background, you got the beach towel behind you there on the photos and you got Aspen's splashes All U need is some sand
Thanks. The blue/green (turquoise) towel material was all i had for the out of the box photo's
Quote:
superb pictures of Aspen. Even you dont like the EX arm could you post some pictures with it please
The EX arm is in the art box, that's wrapped in plastic, that's in the shipper box (much work required to get to it )
If i take Aspen to the beach for some photo's, i'll pack the EX arm
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #135
ukshaun
Hercules

Prime 1 - Harley Quinn - Limited Edition: 750

Harley Quinn 1/3 scale from Prime 1 arrived today
Shipped from Sideshow Collectibles, using DHL (the box and contents arrived in perfect shape)

Harley Quinn represents my first 1/3 scale piece. The shipper box is quite large, fairly heavy, and carrying it up stairs required quite a bit of effort, compared to what I’m used to (¼ scale pieces). Unboxing Harley took me back to the first time I received my first ¼ scale piece (Ritual by Yamato) which reminded me how cool this hobby can be.

First Impressions: Wow! Harley Quinn looks great! Having inspected all four portraits, it’s safe to say they all look good (no googly eye’s). While I like the bubble gum portrait most of all, I was quite taken back by the blank stare portrait, which really works well. To achieve the sparkle look of Harley’s red & blue shorts, Prime 1 have used glitter paint, which works to good effect. They have also used glitter paint for the gold areas on Harley’s jacket. Assembly of statue onto base is simple enough.

The Base: Looks nice enough. Quite neutral in some respects, which is how it should be, letting the piece shine (and from stopping the piece from falling over). It feels like a lump, a slab, painted with blacks and silvers.

Negatives: There really aren’t any, except maybe one. Without wishing to sound too harsh, Harley Quinn’s right hand is a shade of pink that gives it an almost cheap plastic toy look. It has an almost prosthetic vibe, like it was made and painted in a different factory to the rest of Harley. Prime 1 should have used the same colour as used on Harley Quinn’s face and neck area. Maybe I’m nitpicking?

1/3 Scale: I’d never seen a 1/3 scale in person (until today). In some ways, it’s not as large as I’d imagined. At the same time, it does make ¼ scale appear small. While I have 3x 1/3 scale on pre_order, I can see me sticking with ¼. Typing this and looking at Harley, 1/3 does have more presence in the room. Maybe, in about one years time, I can see Harley Quinn standing on the left side of my television, with Catwoman standing on the right side. Quite where Chun-Li 1/3 and Mileena 1/3 are going to stand remains a mystery, another bridge to cross.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #136
ukshaun
Hercules

Old 08-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #137
ukshaun
Hercules

Old 08-07-2018, 01:08 PM   #138
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Wow that Harley
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #139
ukshaun
Hercules

I normally take photo's under natural sunlight.
With Harley Quinn, in doors, artificial light seemed more her thing
Old 08-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #140
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Wow! Looks like you hit the jackpot with your piece. All your portraits look incredible!
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote