Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-14-2019, 10:21 PM   #1
built2shred
Phoenix

Lashana Lynch to play 007 in new Bond Film

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...DCM?li=BBnb7Kz

Daniel Craig will still be in the new Bond film, but in this latest film he is retired and when they bring him out of retirement, he finds out that his 007 code name has been given to Lashana Lynch character.

This might be the studios way to hand off 007 to a minority woman without doing a "female" reboot of the series. (IE: Female Ghostbusters).

Although I'm sure some fans will still be upset I think it's a smart way to do it... It could also be a one shot deal given that she's not actually playing Bond in this movie since Daniel Craig is, although it could be a spin off with her character having the 007 code name.... we shall see...

For those wondering Lashana Lynch played the African American female pilot in Captain Marvel.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Spinoff is one thing.
If they think this is acceptable in lieu of more James Bond films well screw that.

I'm a Bond fan, not whoever has 00X designation.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:48 PM   #3
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...DCM?li=BBnb7Kz

Daniel Craig will still be in the new Bond film, but in this latest film he is retired and when they bring him out of retirement, he finds out that his 007 code name has been given to Lashana Lynch character.

This might be the studios way to hand off 007 to a minority woman without doing a "female" reboot of the series. (IE: Female Ghostbusters).

Although I'm sure some fans will still be upset I think it's a smart way to do it... It could also be a one shot deal given that she's not actually playing Bond in this movie since Daniel Craig is, although it could be a spin off with her character having the 007 code name.... we shall see...

For those wondering Lashana Lynch played the African American female pilot in Captain Marvel.
I've always wondered about the 00 code names and what happens when an agent dies or retires. That's interesting, though I was kinda hoping for another straight up Bond film before Daniel Craig leaves.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:14 AM   #4
nameivom
The Herculoids

Uh-oh...from The Mail, "Bond is still Bond but he's been replaced as 007 by this stunning woman. 'Bond, of course, is sexually attracted to the new female 007 and tries his usual seduction tricks, but is baffled when they don't work on a brilliant, young black woman who basically rolls her eyes at him and has no interest in jumping into his bed." and "The source added that the phrase 'Bond girls' is now forbidden, saying: 'We were all told that from now on they are to be addressed as 'Bond women'."

nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:51 AM   #5
built2shred
Phoenix

Political Correctness

Depending on how the studio plays it with the script, it could backfire on them. Why do women feel they need to take over all our franchises. It's not our fault they can't make a decent Charlie's Angels movie...

And yes I know that's sexiest
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:19 AM   #6
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I don't have an issue with them doing a Female 007, as long as she's not "Bond", but I doubt it would take off at this point. Then again it's not like the writing for Red Sparrow was that great. I did like Atomic Blonde, but that was an 80's Cold War throw back.

You know what they should do is a Modern Day update of La Femme Nikita, it's been a while since the show and Point of No Return.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:02 AM   #7
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Not that this has anything to be race, sex or we should discriminate ethnic background but 007 Bond should always be Caucasian male. Anything else should not be called 007 Bond. You can’t have a female becoming 007. That mantle belongs to a James Bond only. She should be called 008 or something else. This would probably be the worst decision the studio has made if the news is true.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:25 AM   #8
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You know what they should do is a Modern Day update of La Femme Nikita, it's been a while since the show and Point of No Return.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_(2019_film)
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:19 AM   #9
SONICobra
Batman

you think theyd retire his number with him, weird they would just reassign it right after he leaves
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:20 AM   #10
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Thanks, will check it out.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote