Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Grog
SF Minister of Etiquette and Protocol

A pretty sad story about the Frazetta's

It really sux to read stories like this. Click the link as theres a video attached but heres the full story

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2009/12...-in-paintings/

This may be one of the strangest stories in comics of the year-- and potentially very sad.

Pennsylvania state police charged Frank Frazetta Jr. with theft, burglary and trespass after he and two other men used a backhoe to pull the door off the hinges of the Frank Frazetta Art Museum. Police said once inside, Frazetta stole about 90 paintings and was loading them into a truck when he was caught by police.

The elder Frazetta is known for his work on characters including Conan the Barbarian, Tarzan and Vampirella. He was in Florida at the time of the theft.

His son's motive stems from a family feud over assets. Frank's wife and Alfonso's mother, Ellie, died earlier this year. According to Frank Jr.'s wife, Lori Frazetta, Frank Jr. and Ellie ran the family business until Ellie's death, when the infighting over Frank Sr.'s paintings began. Frank Sr. is said to be suffering from dementia.

Frazetta Jr. was arraigned and sent to the Monroe County jail. Bail was set at $500,000. Officials didn't know whether he had a lawyer yet.

A trooper who responded said Frazetta claimed he had been instructed by his father "to enter the museum by any means necessary to move all the paintings to a storage facility," according a police affidavit.

The elder Frazetta told police that his son did not have permission to enter the museum or to remove any artwork. Frank Frazetta's attorney, Gerard Geiger, said the stolen paintings were insured for $20 million, according to court documents.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

old news, check the date on the article
DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Sad indeed, because of this fiasco Frazetta's Deathdealer on steed statue and Deathdealer II statue is in limbo, this is how I am directly affected.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #4
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

that mugshot is sad!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote