Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #621
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I own the hdbk trade collection, I liked it that much...but I also own a lot of other great Gladiator type movies, pbpks & comics. No new ground broken w/ WWH. But, it was a good read. I pull my Planet Hulk ofte, its a great story.
In fact I actually think that while Planet Hulk is good, there's a great arc of Exiles that does the job much better...

It was a story that involved Earth being enslaved by the Skrulls and forcing all the superhumans to perform for them...it was an amazing arc.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #622
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I own the hdbk trade collection, I liked it that much...but I also own a lot of other great Gladiator type movies, pbpks & comics. No new ground broken w/ WWH. But, it was a good read. I pull my Planet Hulk ofte, its a great story.
Good post - ditto on all counts. PH was one of the best Hulk stories in a long time. I can’t disagree that PH carries forward many themes from gladiatorial stories of the past. This fact does not make the story any less compelling to me. I mean c’mon, this story has been retold throughout the centuries in countless variations … why? … because it IS such a great story. I thought that the PH story line was a great fit for the Hulk mythos – it just worked. The art was also top shelf throughout. One of Marvel’s Homeruns IMHO – count this gammabro as one happy customer!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #623
protector2814
Phoenix

The short, but recent return of the Human Torch arc carried the whole Gladiator-Colosseum-we are brothers of the sword-theme too. Well done, and mostly contained in a super-size FF ish.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote