Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2010, 01:33 AM   #1
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Best Buy = B@stards.

So.. I know the usual complaints against Best Buy, and I agree with 99% of them, but.. they've finally managed to irritate me.

Had a service plan with them for my laptop; its hard drive crapped out on it after a few years of me beating it to death, and I took it in to them. I bought an external hard-drive for them to put ALL of my photos, music and movies on from iTunes, and they put all the music and photos on it, but NO movies... basically screwing me out of $300 or more of movies I've bought through iTunes.

I MIGHT have most of the library on another computer, not sure... and the computer's not here at the house, but there's no guarantee that most of the movies are on that as well. I SPECIFICALLY remember saying "put ALL of the music, movies and photos on this hard-drive", which I bought from them for that exact purpose. I remember asking them if they thought the drive was big enough, and they said "yes".

I'm assuming I'm just sh!t out of luck and that's $300-400 bucks down the hole... but I'm also done buying movies through iTunes, if that's the case.
Frustrating.. I'm assuming there's no action I can take against Best Buy besides driving down there and chewing them a new one? I bet they have my "request" on their computers, but I don't know where the receipt is anymore (did this a couple of months ago), and they're sure as hell not going to willingly provide proof that they f#cked up.

I guess I'm screwed.. but... depending on how they respond to this will determine if I shop there anymore or not (sure, it won't make a difference if I don't, but.. I'm sure as Hell not giving them any more of my money).

Maybe I'll buy a movie a month until I get all the "crucial" movies back (I travel a lot, my iPod sees a lot of use).

Sorry for the vent.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:37 AM   #2
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah best buy say one thing and does another, This is why I normally buy things as throw aways and won't deal with service, its less hassle to just replace it.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:01 AM   #3
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

You know everytime you buy from Itune they keep track of your puchase, it will be easy to get your movieS back without repurchasing them.

Call up apple support they will help you.
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 AM   #4
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by averone View Post
You know everytime you buy from Itune they keep track of your puchase, it will be easy to get your movieS back without repurchasing them.

Call up apple support they will help you.

Seriously? I had no idea that such a service was available, Averone.. thanks, bro. I really appreciate it. I might've discovered it on my own at some point, but... no promises.

No time to do that in the next couple of days (my 35th b-day's tomorrow, wife and I are goin' out of town) but when I get back I'll hammer down on that; thanks again.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #5
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickwinzs View Post
Yeah best buy say one thing and does another, This is why I normally buy things as throw aways and won't deal with service, its less hassle to just replace it.
Yeah.. even if I'm able to recover all the movies, thanks to Averone's suggestion, I'm still going to let Best Buy know how fond I am of them.

Edit: just got all my movies back by tinkering a bit.. weird, but now I have to figure out...at some point.. why my iTunes library no longer syncs with my iPod Touch; if it's not one thing, it's another.