Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
risingstar
Jedi Order

My preference is to go with mat. It just looks classier. Something thrown together is generally reserved for those who prefer to wipe themselves on the sheets afterwards. If you treat artwork like it's something to be respected, you likely get more interest. If it looks like something you can buy from the discount bin, you may lose out.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #12
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
I love the mood of the Wolverines and Batman 2.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
My preference is to go with mat. It just looks classier. Something thrown together is generally reserved for those who prefer to wipe themselves on the sheets afterwards. If you treat artwork like it's something to be respected, you likely get more interest. If it looks like something you can buy from the discount bin, you may lose out.

This is EXACTLY how I feel! But unfortunately, so far everyone is choosing for a print without a mat, aside from the two of us ofcourse.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

This is EXACTLY how I feel! But unfortunately, so far everyone is choosing for a print without a mat, aside from the two of us ofcourse.

Logan, it's your business enterprise. You can do whatever you want. If you wish, you can cater to both types of clientelles. The matte version could be the Exclusive that comes signed and numbered or something, whereas the print can have an open ended unlimited run (or come numbered but not signed). Nothing has to be etched in stone at this point. Why not test the market and see what happens...?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #14
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's just something on the side. I have to order the prints from the printshop which costs a pretty penny. So if nobody here likes it with a mat, then most probably they won't get sold. Just testing the waters here.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #15
sputnik
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Star is right. Now that I've stepped back and looked around, I am always drawn to those with mats. If they don't want it, they can trim it.
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote