Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-15-2016, 10:49 PM   #4051
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Flight View Post
Lol not yet! I love Street Fighter, don't get me wrong. I just want to wait until there is more stuff to do than online combat. I will get it eventually though!
I understand, it was a little limited when it first released. I picked it up since I was way out of practice and wanted to jump into a new street fighter from the beginning. That and the chance to play matches with some of the people here, it's been a good time.

Did you ever bite on any of the series 2 metal cards from sdcc? I've been watching them but just haven't been able to bring myself to buy any yet. There's been a lot less of the akuma card listed than I expected.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:53 PM   #4052
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

There are a few modes to play around with.

Character trials.
Individual stories.
Cinematic story.
Survival.
Local versus.
Online versus.

September will bring Vs CPU.

It has most of what we've come to expect from a Street Fighter game.

Time to take the plunge. Capcom and Street Fighter need our support
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:37 AM   #4053
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
I understand, it was a little limited when it first released. I picked it up since I was way out of practice and wanted to jump into a new street fighter from the beginning. That and the chance to play matches with some of the people here, it's been a good time.

Did you ever bite on any of the series 2 metal cards from sdcc? I've been watching them but just haven't been able to bring myself to buy any yet. There's been a lot less of the akuma card listed than I expected.
No I never did end up getting them Strife... I can't bring myself to drop the cash on them. As cool as they are, I will most likely let that ship sail on lol. Do you think you'll pick them up?
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:39 AM   #4054
Alpha_Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
There are a few modes to play around with.

Character trials.
Individual stories.
Cinematic story.
Survival.
Local versus.
Online versus.

September will bring Vs CPU.

It has most of what we've come to expect from a Street Fighter game.

Time to take the plunge. Capcom and Street Fighter need our support
Haha I will indeed brother, soon! Capcom needs to start making some new games. Like Darkstalkers and Rival Schools
Old 08-16-2016, 12:59 AM   #4055
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
No I never did end up getting them Strife... I can't bring myself to drop the cash on them. As cool as they are, I will most likely let that ship sail on lol. Do you think you'll pick them up?
Short answer is hopefully.

There's a few I'm watching right now and an akuma that ended the other day I almost bought a few times but had second thoughts, which was reason enough to pass. There's a few other things I'm looking at buying and I'm still hoping the price will fall a little more on these.

Let me know when you are rocking sf5, we'll play a few rounds.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #4056
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Haha I will indeed brother, soon! Capcom needs to start making some new games. Like Darkstalkers and Rival Schools
Rumor has it a New Rival Schools is in the works.

Would be very cool. But with SF just barely getting the sales numbers it needs to survive I question how well RS or Vampire Savior would sell.

But I'd buy them!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:13 PM   #4057
Alpha_Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Rumor has it a New Rival Schools is in the works.

Would be very cool. But with SF just barely getting the sales numbers it needs to survive I question how well RS or Vampire Savior would sell.

But I'd buy them!
Ya there is a push for a new RS.

Shame really. Capcom was the giant during my youth. They have so many amazing IP's, yet the stuffed them under a rock. Mega Man, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Strider, Final Fight.... the list goes on.

IMO, SFV isn't selling well due to the reduced game play mechanic, the character selection, character designs and lack of content. Plus, I think they released V too soon. They should have pushed another title before trying to cash in on SF again.

They should look at what Killer Instinct did for the "lesser" known titles. Release it little by little, digitally only for a reduced cost to keep development costs lower than a full fledged release. Darkstalkers NEEDS to come back.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:15 PM   #4058
Alpha_Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
Short answer is hopefully.

There's a few I'm watching right now and an akuma that ended the other day I almost bought a few times but had second thoughts, which was reason enough to pass. There's a few other things I'm looking at buying and I'm still hoping the price will fall a little more on these.

Let me know when you are rocking sf5, we'll play a few rounds.
Best of luck getting them brother! Definetely will play a few rounds. Guarantee you will absolutely trash me though haha. Pretty darn rusty at gaming these days. No time with kids and life in general
Old 08-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #4059
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
They should look at what Killer Instinct did for the "lesser" known titles. Release it little by little, digitally only for a reduced cost to keep development costs lower than a full fledged release. Darkstalkers NEEDS to come back.
Completely agree with all of the above. Capcom teased the idea of a Darkstalkers 4 back in 2012 but the project was s**t-canned after Darkstalkers Resurrection (XBL/PSN) did poorly. A real shame as I'd love a new game in the series as much as anyone.

Here's a link to that 2012 teaser. "Darkstalkers are not dead!" Yeah, if only.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/sc...s-not-dead.htm
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:31 PM   #4060
qz33
Doctor Doom

For all it got right SFIV was a success because it had been so long since a SF game or any "proper" fighting game. Expecting a similar result before giving a new fanbase time to age in isn't realistic.

You would think making the game wouldn't be that difficult compared to more world based 3-D games. Even the engine at least seem similar. Right when SFVwas released a good friend and I were at a convention with a torunament for the game on some small 720p monitors. At that resolution when we first walked up we thought it was just still SFIV and started to walk away, until we noticed the subway clock level!

They really should at least try to do a hi-res 2D Darkstalkers like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. If Arc System Works can make money at it so can Capcom.

Honestly I think Capcom relies too heavily on their classic tentpoles for support.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote