Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #191
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Man!! I didn't know this thread existed. I'm going to have fun going through every page. Page 1, here I come!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:47 AM   #192
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Don't believe all you see online.

See it in person and choose at your own leisure.

Rogue pf is one of my favorite display pieces, sexy and a perfect match with Gambit and other x-men.

As for SS Jean vs XM Phoenix, the latter is better looking online but still not my cup of tea.. don't like the pose/sculpt and backdrop... who knows if in person, it will change my perception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Those Bowen statues are nice...........but SS's Rogue? Next you're going to say that SS's Jean is better than XM's Phoenix lol
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:06 AM   #193
Thor57
Teen Titans

For me.

Cap: XM. Not a fan of the partly mixed media. It works for some, doesnt for others for my tastes. I love SS's pose though, and the head is really well done. Just over all, XM.

Hulk: Does Gladiator count? If so, SS. If not, then XM. Not a fan of the classic Hulk SS did. His head seems to small. The new green looks great, just dont care for the hunched over pose.

Iiron Man 42: SS. Dont care for the XM version at all. The realism of RDJ's face doesnt bother me as I'd never display him that way.

Black Widow: XM. Doesnt need explaining

Thor: XM. Never cared for the SS version. He seems to thick, and not in a muscular way.

Wolverine: XM. Again, to me, cloth mixed media isnt right for Logan. The poses are a wash. I enjoy both

Hawkeye: XM. To me, hes even better than Magneto or Phoenix. Really impressed with the Hawkeye they did.

I know that seems overwhelmingly Xm, and it is. But I'm as big a fan of SS.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #194
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

SS Cap. I hate cap holding flag..too much red white blue. I get it. Youre Cap America i get that already.

Wouldve like if SS included classic head though.

Black widow. XM i like the short hair and diorama base. I think shes cuter than SS.

Hulk. SS . But hate the hunchback angle on it. Modern head wind blown cheeks bad. Classic head looks better.

XM piece is Really bad looking imo. Face has weird expression and that horrible torn shirt. Ugly.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #195
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
SS Cap. I hate cap holding flag..too much red white blue. I get it. Youre Cap America i get that already.

Wouldve like if SS included classic head though.

Black widow. XM i like the short hair and diorama base. I think shes cuter than SS.

Hulk. SS . But hate the hunchback angle on it. Modern head wind blown cheeks bad. Classic head looks better.

XM piece is Really bad looking imo. Face has weird expression and that horrible torn shirt. Ugly.
You make some good observations, but you do realize with the XM Cap you have like 9 different combinations you can do. You don't even have to have the flag.
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #196
gaijin

Hawkeye comparison ... SS wins by a mile imo. That ridiculous balancing XM base and his portrait is a fail.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #197
gaijin

Group photos comparison....

Old 11-11-2014, 02:18 AM   #198
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
Hawkeye comparison ... SS wins by a mile imo. That ridiculous balancing XM base and his portrait is a fail.

SS Hawkeye looks like a toy and the bright purple they used is nasty looking, not to mention he looks stupid standing their holding a imaginary arrow... XM face sculpt is very realistic and his costume is way more modern looking... XM by two miles
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:24 AM   #199
built2shred
Phoenix

Thor looks like he's going to drop the hammer on his head... Is that Hulk or a green Frankenstein? hard to tell..... Captain Americas terry cloth pants look extremely lame... Although I do like the Iron Man PF minus the oversized flag.

The SS X-Men group shot is a disaster with those bases..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:33 AM   #200
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Thor looks like he's going to drop the hammer on his head... Is that Hulk or a green Frankenstein? hard to tell..... Captain Americas terry cloth pants look extremely lame... Although I do like the Iron Man PF minus the oversized flag.

The SS X-Men group shot is a disaster with those bases..
This is one of the best setup and SSC statues ever made. XM has yet to match the Hulk PF. I wish XM cap flag was cloth. That would had put it over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

100% agree. The only thing lacking in SSC piece is I wish he was holding an arrow (or at least have it on the bow. The base on XM is awkward.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote