Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Anyone Reading Crossed Badlands?

I was just curious to see if anyone here was reading this book. I know it may not be everyones cup of tea. This title definitely contains very extreme content. I think it is a well written book with interesting story arcs.
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I read Crossed a few years back but speed the book after a couple arcs because it just seemed to repeat. Was cool though.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #3
whd
Suicide Squad

I've read some of the Badlands books, but I've gotten a bit burned out on the Crossed in general. I still tend to pick up any of the books done by Ennis or Lapham.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

I read the first Ennis' Crossed arc and enjoyed it. But, damnnnn was it dark & depressing ... fun, though. I haven't taken a dip back in the pool with the exception of a few issues of another arc not written by Ennis, which I didn't care for. Like Walking Dead, which I kicked after 126 issues, the book is just too much a downer for me. Left me in a funky mood.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #5
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd View Post
I've read some of the Badlands books, but I've gotten a bit burned out on the Crossed in general. I still tend to pick up any of the books done by Ennis or Lapham.
Yea, Ennis is great. If you have not read his "Rover Red Charlie" book, you really need to. It is only 4 or 5 issues long, but it was great. Picture Homewardbound X Crossed/The Stand.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #6
whd
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Yea, Ennis is great. If you have not read his "Rover Red Charlie" book, you really need to. It is only 4 or 5 issues long, but it was great. Picture Homewardbound X Crossed/The Stand.
I've steered clear of it so far, because while I can easily be detached when reading about fictional people, I find it more difficult when it's dogs or cats (even though I know they're not real). Still, I'll probably check it out eventually
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #7
Sharkey

You should be fine. Without spoiling anything, the main cast is relatively fine at the end. But I would suggest picking up the trade or at least the first issue and reading through that to see how you feel. I was hooked by the first 3 or 4 pages.