Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #11
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

"The Finches" début on Wonder Woman tells me that that book will take a massive numbers hit soon. Such a step backwards after the Azzarrello launch. It was over cooked and wordy but with great art.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:47 AM   #12
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Huh. The GL book cancellations surprised me a bit. Have they had low sales?

Aquaman and the Others isn't too surprising but I like the team even though I couldn't really get into the ongoing as it was.

Alas poor Batwoman. She has a strong and vocal fanbase but not a huge one sadly.

World's Finest isn't a surprise in the least as the book has had many shifts. I'm loving these last issues that have focused on E-2's backstory however and I'm sad to see it go.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:26 AM   #13
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
"The Finches" début on Wonder Woman tells me that that book will take a massive numbers hit soon. Such a step backwards after the Azzarrello launch. It was over cooked and wordy but with great art.

I don't know what DC was thinking when they hired them to take over Wonder Woman. They don't seem to care about the character at all.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:06 AM   #14
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

DC obviously has some type of plan here. They can't cancel all these books then just bring in a slew of new titles randomly. It'll probably take until the following months solicits to really see what they're trying to do here.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #15
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
On books with such low sales figures, the writers and artists can't be making all that much...
They get page rates.
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #16
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
DC obviously has some type of plan here. They can't cancel all these books then just bring in a slew of new titles randomly. It'll probably take until the following months solicits to really see what they're trying to do here.
I agree.....I think we'll get through Convergence, then by August a few more books will get the axe, most likely Constantine, Sensation, Justice League 3000 and Red Hood & the Outlaws. After whatever special event they have planned for September this year, I think we'll see either A) a slew of new books or B) a complete revamping. This latest cut brings the total number of original New 52 books that are still around down to 16. Nothing since then has really stuck (Earth 2 is on the bubble)......DC can't survive on 16 books.
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 03:23 PM   #17
Fannymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotwilight View Post
Huh. The GL book cancellations surprised me a bit. Have they had low sales?

Aquaman and the Others isn't too surprising but I like the team even though I couldn't really get into the ongoing as it was.

Alas poor Batwoman. She has a strong and vocal fanbase but not a huge one sadly.

World's Finest isn't a surprise in the least as the book has had many shifts. I'm loving these last issues that have focused on E-2's backstory however and I'm sad to see it go.
GL numbers for November:

GREEN LANTERN ~ 46,157
CORPS ~ 34,109
NEW GUARDIANS ~ 25,681
RED LANTERNS ~ 25,654

Considering the fact that these aren't BAD numbers ~ Justice League Dark, Green Arrow, Red Hood & the Outlaws and Constantine are selling anywhere from 5,000-10,000 few copies of the lower numbers ~ CORPS in particular is a surprise, leading one to think something does have to be up.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #18
Fannymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Opening numbers were 58,965.....DC's fifth best selling book of the month. I'm betting we see at least a 10,000-15,000 issue drop in December.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #19
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
...good contribution there.
I'm surprised at you. That post was succinct, to the point, unambiguous and not personally offensive. It was the model post.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:26 AM   #20
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I'm surprised at you. That post was succinct, to the point, unambiguous and not personally offensive. It was the model post.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote