Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-30-2023, 11:40 PM   #441
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I preordered 6. I'm hoping it will be fun in the long run. I am very disappointed to see not a single Alpha or 3 character in the roster though
With the timeline moving forward, you probably won't see many Alpha characters. They're either aging out, unpopular, or just appeared in IV and/or V. Many have been 'replaced'. I'd give Sodom and Cody the best odds of getting in 6.

III characters aren't as popular, but they've added the more popular ones to the past two games. Time may have passed many of them by as well.

I think Capcom will be steadily introducing more new characters that 'replace' older ones. I love Sagat and Adon, but they're old. New Muay Thai practitioner needs to come in. Kimberly already replaced Guy I'd love to see Gen and Gouken back, but a new 'master' is likely coming.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:14 AM   #442
qz33
Doctor Doom

See at this point I think they're messing up by not hitting more nostalgia. It's been 13 years since IV.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 07:21 PM   #443
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I agree, but also would qualify that, insofar as MK, Smash and DBFZ, aren't directly competing with the Street Fighters and Tekkens of the world.

Those other 'fighters' generate a lot of their revenue from non-fighting game fans. MK sells a lot to a large juvenile crowd that only cares about ultra violence. Smash has a built-in star-studded roster. Same with the megahit DB license.

Street Fighter and Tekken created and maintain their success based solely on what they do with their created characters and the fine-tuned (compared to the vast majority of fighting games) mechanics.
For me Street Fighter looks like Tekken now and lost his identity, a 3D ultra realistic game, and that open world from SF6 have graphics from PS2 and have nothing to do with SF...
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 07:33 PM   #444
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
For me Street Fighter looks like Tekken now and lost his identity, a 3D ultra realistic game, and that open world from SF6 have graphics from PS2 and have nothing to do with SF...
i played the demo and it is hilarious to just walk around the street challenging random fat woman to fights though
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:01 PM   #445
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i played the demo and it is hilarious to just walk around the street challenging random fat woman to fights though
You can do that in real life too
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:32 PM   #446
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
You can do that in real life too
but i don't want to touch fat women in real life
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 09:08 PM   #447
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
Many were clamoring for more realistic graphics for SFV, especially after leaks for a realistic alpha build came out.

I was open to them going that route, and I don't hate what they've come up with for 6, but I did prefer the more cartoonish look (except for enlarged hands and feet). Sprites will never happen again, but something akin to DBFZ would have been ok with me.

And the World Tour mode is a completely optional addition, only meant to offer a fairly shallow single player mode for (mainly) casual fans. It can be totally ignored and you'll get a similar menu and versus experience as previous games.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:45 PM   #448
BurningRage
Inhumans

Blanka and Fei Long next.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1310.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	666.9 KB
ID:	162059  
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:51 PM   #449
No1
The Avengers

I think it's option in a player point of view, butttt it's a lot of memory and space on your HD just for that, if was optional not instal that part I'll be ok with it, but wathever, maybe in SF7 we got something like DBZ, but I doubt, there's action movie coming, all far and far away from that original anime cartoon look... I think SF identity is lost and will be more and more far away from that origin spirit.
Old 06-01-2023, 01:51 PM   #450
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Blanka and Fei Long next.
amazing, can't wait!