Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2007, 09:32 PM   #21
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
This is a serious question:

What if Odin were with the Asgardians vs. his state of demise? Would that tip the scales away from the Sinestro Corp? I don't see anyone on the Sinestro Corp other than the Anti-Monitor, even Superboy-Prime, standing up to the All Father.

I voted Sinestro Corp under the assumption Odin still was dead. But if still kicking...?
Thats a good question.

Rich, Primal - what about it? If you add Odin to the mix, does that change anything?

This evil corps sounds ridiculously evil and powerful...which in the comic world translate to pretty cool! I cant wait to go back and read these.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #22
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Odin alone isn't enough to make a differnce.

I don't know Parallax that well, certainly not this Kyle-version, but from the descriptions on the forum he'd beat Odin in terms of power.

Super-Prime could beat the All Father as well IMO. Pre-Crisis level Kryptonians just have too much strength and speed.

My list of Asgardians certainly has enough heavy hitters to put a hurting even on the Sinestro Corps, but even then it could go either way. Besides they're still adding characters to the Sinestro Corps, so they may become even more formidable.

Between Parallax and Anti-Monitor whose got more horsepower?
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:26 PM   #23
MrYac
Hercules

not sure about Prime taking down Odin, but you are right pre crisis they could do just about anything. Anti-Monitor however could wipe him out of existance if he wanted
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:56 PM   #24
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Asgardians coz I like Marvel better than DC :tounge:
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:28 AM   #25
SD RUM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
Rich and Primal,

When this story arc gets collected (Sinestro Corps), do you think that it will consist of the Sinestro Corps 1-shot and the GL issues that deal with it? Or is it a Sinestro Corps mini-series? I'll check it out when it gets collected.

Thanks!
This Sinestro Corps story sounds like a great read. I don't read a lot of DC titles but GL & Sinestro are two of my favorite characters. This sounds like a huge epic event in the DCU. I'll probably wait till the series is complete and goes into HC form and buy it then!!
SD RUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:39 AM   #26
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
not sure about Prime taking down Odin, but you are right pre crisis they could do just about anything. Anti-Monitor however could wipe him out of existance if he wanted
Wow. Perhaps the only way the Asgardians could win would be to bring in this man...

VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:24 AM   #27
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Now for all intelligent comic readers, the conversation should end there. However...
Damn thats a good sledge Rich!
I'm glad i think the Sinestro Corps would wipe the Floor with the Asgardians!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:44 AM   #28
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Thats a good question.

Rich, Primal - what about it? If you add Odin to the mix, does that change anything?

This evil corps sounds ridiculously evil and powerful...which in the comic world translate to pretty cool! I cant wait to go back and read these.
I think Odin would pose quite a challenge for the Sinestro Corps due to his overly magical powers. The rest of the Asgardians however dont have the level of power he does. So while he's out defending himself & possibly a small contingent, the rest of Asgard is up for grabs. Plus, Superboy-Prime is immune to magical attacks & because of this, would be one of the characters most suited to take on Odin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD RUM View Post
This Sinestro Corps story sounds like a great read. I don't read a lot of DC titles but GL & Sinestro are two of my favorite characters. This sounds like a huge epic event in the DCU. I'll probably wait till the series is complete and goes into HC form and buy it then!!
DO IT! You wont regret it!
And I NEVER used to read GL books up until the great Geoff Johns took over. Everything that guy touches is gold.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:48 AM   #29
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
Rich and Primal,

When this story arc gets collected (Sinestro Corps), do you think that it will consist of the Sinestro Corps 1-shot and the GL issues that deal with it? Or is it a Sinestro Corps mini-series? I'll check it out when it gets collected.

Thanks!
I think DC's best strategy would be to collect the 1-shot & the GL/GL Corps books that follow immediately afterwards.

Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #30
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Anti Monitor alone is a hell of a fight. Throw in the rest and IMO it's really not a fight.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote