Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 08-21-2023, 08:36 AM   #31
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

You could argue that about any "secondary" market though. Some things go up, some down. I still don't see how you can single out statues or Weta in particular.

I have never seen a Dead Marshes actually sell that low, and generally Weta pieces that are sold out do well on the secondary market.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 03:23 PM   #32
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

EBay is no longer the best place to sell. Facebook groups are the way to go. No listing or selling fees.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 04:45 PM   #33
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Does me posting about a Weta pricing view, on a Weta thread, mean I'm singling out Weta? If so then isn't every post here doing the same thing? Quite a confusing assumption. Would saying all statues cost more be a (more) meaningful statement on a Weta thread? But again, I head nod to keep everyone happy.

Ebay can be a wretched experience for sure. I'm thinking of selling my Dead Marshes but I'm not prepared to lose $1000 for the honour. I'll keep it for now. This Salvation statue is really good - even if it was just how well they captuted a landing eagle. It's in the conversation for best MC statue. I can see this being preferred to Dead Marshes although each is unique. That price thiough...
worstgamerever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 07:40 PM   #34
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
EBay is no longer the best place to sell. Facebook groups are the way to go. No listing or selling fees.
People are flaky there though, and they want the stuff cheaper than eBay anyway. Same thing as forums WTS sections, pretty much a waste of time. Takes longer to sell or you end up getting less than you would from eBay even after you factor in fees.
Old 08-21-2023, 07:51 PM   #35
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

What is confusing about it? You didn't mention any other pieces or makers. We aren't mind readers. You also made a prediction about the next one being $5k which it won't be. You then assumed we would think that $5k price is reasonable which also isn't true. Most of us, even the ones who ordered this, probably think it is a bit overpriced(that is nothing new with Weta though)

Honestly just not sure what you are trying to say here, it isn't some great revelation that Weta, especially the MC line, are high and that statues overall have become much more expensive and harder to resell. Except for Gollum, all MCs go for at or over retail once they are out of stock, so the Dead Marsh piece should hold its value if you hold onto it for a while.
Old 08-21-2023, 08:01 PM   #36
worstgamerever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
People are flaky there though, and they want the stuff cheaper than eBay anyway. Same thing as forums WTS sections, pretty much a waste of time. Takes longer to sell or you end up getting less than you would from eBay even after you factor in fees.
I don't use Facebook. These forums are the upper limit of my "social media" adventure, so eBay it is. And wow, I didn't know the FB option wasn't that profitable. I know Spec do an excellent and well-spread payment plan so there's scope to jump on this one for anyone still interested.
Old 08-23-2023, 03:49 AM   #37
worstgamerever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
What is confusing about it? You didn't mention any other pieces or makers. We aren't mind readers. You also made a prediction about the next one being $5k which it won't be. You then assumed we would think that $5k price is reasonable which also isn't true. Most of us, even the ones who ordered this, probably think it is a bit overpriced(that is nothing new with Weta though)

Honestly just not sure what you are trying to say here, it isn't some great revelation that Weta, especially the MC line, are high and that statues overall have become much more expensive and harder to resell. Except for Gollum, all MCs go for at or over retail once they are out of stock, so the Dead Marsh piece should hold its value if you hold onto it for a while.
Amazing! I agree. Thank you so much.
Old 08-23-2023, 03:57 AM   #38
DevGuy
The Spirit

I quite like the Gollum piece, even if it is not so popular.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 10:05 AM   #39
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
I quite like the Gollum piece, even if it is not so popular.
I like it as well. I think most people just didn't like the price for Gollum. That was the main issue, at the time it was basically double any other 1/3rds and the MC line was not established to justify it. The piece itself is quite good.