Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
Rocket
Art of Mod

I notice a growing trend....

I was wondering why a select group of members seem to avoid posting actual art scans of stuff they get and instead post links to their CAF Gallery? Why is this?

It's really simple to upload a pic here, and it's such a more friendly and respectful way to share your stuff than to force people to go elsewhere to see it IMO.

Is it an attempt to get fellow collectors and fans to see your other stuff while they are there? This makes some sense, but then there also seems to be a tradition of asking for comments to be left on CAF also, so it seems more like a status thing?

I'm not being facetious, I'm generally curious as to why you guys do this
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
capsteverogers
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I'm sure I'm one of the select group you are refering to. I do it to get people over to my CAF gallery so they can see it all at once and everything else in my collection. A convention haul for me is usually several pieces and to post each pic here is time consuming and it takes up alot of space on the thread plus the time it takes to download the pic. I can't stand waiting for pics to download on a thread so that might be why I do it personally. As far as comments go I like giving them and receiving them. There's really no reason why I do I just do
capsteverogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

YEAH!!

and im to lazy to click the link to see the pics.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Again I will speak the truth and everyone can get mad at me. It's an ego thing to get a large amount of numbers on your viewed page. I've seen worse though... Some people actually send out emails to people to check it out on their CAF to get hits. Don't take offense I can fully understand people are proud of their art and they want to get it in the top 5 looked at pieces. That damn Red Sonja has been in the top 10 for over a year. I just can't imagine that there are that many out there that keep beating off to it.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsteverogers View Post
I'm sure I'm one of the select group you are refering to. I do it to get people over to my CAF gallery so they can see it all at once and everything else in my collection. A convention haul for me is usually several pieces and to post each pic here is time consuming and it takes up alot of space on the thread plus the time it takes to download the pic. I can't stand waiting for pics to download on a thread so that might be why I do it personally. As far as comments go I like giving them and receiving them. There's really no reason why I do I just do
I really appreciate the insight
Old 07-25-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Again I will speak the truth and everyone can get mad at me. It's an ego thing to get a large amount of numbers on your viewed page. I've seen worse though... Some people actually send out emails to people to check it out on their CAF to get hits. Don't take offense I can fully understand people are proud of their art and they want to get it in the top 5 looked at pieces. That damn Red Sonja has been in the top 10 for over a year. I just can't imagine that there are that many out there that keep beating off to it.
Y'know Mike if I'm being honest, in some cases I was wondering if it was the same thing.

I just can't wrap my head around how people could think they were somehow "more important" or anything like that, based on how many views a piece of art they didn't even draw gets

Last edited by Rocket; 07-25-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Y'know Mike if I'm being honest, in some cases I was wondering if it was the same thing.

I just can't wrap my head around how people could think they were somehow "more important" or anything like that, based on how many views a piece of art they didn't even draw gets
You didn't take my entire quote, and it reads really weird now....
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #8
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
You didn't take my entire quote, and it reads really weird now....
LOL Didn't mean for that, just tried to highlight the part I was addressing I'll fix it
Old 07-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #9
ratchet
Mandarin

I always hated seeing the links rather than pics...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:51 AM   #10
capsteverogers
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

The masses have spoken. I will stop posting links and with my next haul I will post pictures instead.
capsteverogers is offline   Reply With Quote