Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-25-2011, 01:53 AM   #11
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsteverogers View Post
The masses have spoken. I will stop posting links and with my next haul I will post pictures instead.

Just want to be clear again though, a) wasn't a shot at you, and you weren't the only one I notice who does it, and b) I was genuinely curious

oh and c) You have one of the most kickass art collections I've seen no matter where you post it mate
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:04 AM   #12
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Somebody send me some art and I will post it!
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:45 AM   #13
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171 View Post
Somebody send me some art and I will post it!
Tell them Mike!
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:15 AM   #14
abarron
Batman

CAF is blocked by work so i can't view the links and i much prefer to see the scans than just a link in a post JMO

Last edited by Rocket; 07-25-2011 at 03:50 AM.
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #15
cblakey1
Cyclops

For me, if I see a link I won't click on it. I'm not interested in what people have in their CAF gallery.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:24 AM   #16
risingstar
Jedi Order

I don't mind the links. What bugs me is when I click on a link to a CAF page that I've unknowingly already visited and there isn't anything new to see... lol.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #17
rychehitman
Galactus

if someone posts a link it's a pretty good indication that they aren't really proud of the art they are trying to show off because a stand alone pic has no "wow" factor. They are fishing for compliments on their collection as a whole.

There...did THAT stir the pot enough?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #18
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I was wondering why a select group of members seem to avoid posting actual art scans of stuff they get and instead post links to their CAF Gallery? Why is this?

It's really simple to upload a pic here, and it's such a more friendly and respectful way to share your stuff than to force people to go elsewhere to see it IMO.

Is it an attempt to get fellow collectors and fans to see your other stuff while they are there? This makes some sense, but then there also seems to be a tradition of asking for comments to be left on CAF also, so it seems more like a status thing?

I'm not being facetious, I'm generally curious as to why you guys do this
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsteverogers View Post
I'm sure I'm one of the select group you are refering to. I do it to get people over to my CAF gallery so they can see it all at once and everything else in my collection. A convention haul for me is usually several pieces and to post each pic here is time consuming and it takes up alot of space on the thread plus the time it takes to download the pic. I can't stand waiting for pics to download on a thread so that might be why I do it personally. As far as comments go I like giving them and receiving them. There's really no reason why I do I just do
Not only that, but members are limited to the amount of space they can use for uploading photos on SF. And if you are using higher quality pics, that can be eaten up pretty quick. And once you have too many, it's not real evident where to go to remove old pics that were uploaded in order to free up space.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #19
Mean Green
Fantomah

I personally like people to visit my CAF. Nothing to show off - my collection is barely comparable to 99% of other people's here - but it's always a treat to see someone leave a comment.

I also like browsing new art so I actually like it when people post links to thier CAF galleries. I always find new stuff there and I very much enjoy "stumbling" across a great page or cover from a book I remember reading a long time ago.

Plus, uploading things to Photobucket is a major hassle - that site is just super slow imo. I do so sometimes but it's a pain regardless. And attaching art as a thumbnail is pretty much the same as putting a link, isn't it? You still have to click on it to see it. And if you have a haul to share, you have to click multiple thumbnails. At least with the CAF link, we can send one link to the entire new haul and you can at least see who the artist is, penciller, inker, and all, some people attached the colored published pages, etc. I guess I'm just a fan of CAF.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #20
risingstar
Jedi Order

I'm not sure why people find posting pics on photobucket to be such a hassle. It literally takes a minute at the most to post a pic, and you can post 25 pics at once if you wanted to. I mean, if you want people to appreciate your collection, why not take the minute to accommodate others with a single pic? The effort would be appreciated. It's not like it's a statue where you might want to post pics from ten different angles. I imagine people would get more hits on their CAF page afterwards too.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote