Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #21
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca View Post
YEAH!!

and im to lazy to click the link to see the pics.
Here here....
El Pulento is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #22
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I'm not sure why people find posting pics on photobucket to be such a hassle. It literally takes a minute at the most to post a pic, and you can post 25 pics at once if you wanted to. I mean, if you want people to appreciate your collection, why not take the minute to accommodate others with a single pic? The effort would be appreciated. It's not like it's a statue where you might want to post pics from ten different angles. I imagine people would get more hits on their CAF page afterwads.
Posting's not the issue, loading them onto Photobucket's the slow part.

Truthfully, I really wasn't aware that people were annoyed about having to click a link.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #23
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Interesting thread. Here is my perspective as a relative newb to posting artwork on CAF.

There are a few reasons I have been posting links.

Seems to be how most people with CAF galleries go about posting new art. Before I actively posted in my CAF gallery I just posted here at SF so of course I always posted pics in my threads.

Uploading pics once is easier than twice (I host SF stuff on my photobucket account).

I personally like the CAF links and enjoy going to the member’s gallery and seeing the pic, what they wrote up and how people have commented. Plus, I also like to check out the rest of their gallery sometimes. Sometimes people also post additional photos in the gallery (inked/colored pieces, etc.).

I don’t really know what the top 5 or top 10 is – no clue about the Red Sonja piece. What is this all about?

All in all it doesn’t make a difference to me – I can post pictures both places if that is the consensus request.

It seems like there are some features of CAF I may not be aware of – I need to investigate a little more over there. I pretty much just use it to post artwork and do my regular daily search for art I am interested in.

Could SF add an art gallery concept? Is that something that is in the toolkit of options that the software provides?

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #24
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I don't mind the links. What bugs me is when I click on a link to a CAF page that I've unknowingly already visited and there isn't anything new to see... lol.
I see some merit here. When I post a link it is to a specific piece that I am referencing in the SF post. I do see some links that land on a member’s CAF ‘home page’ for their gallery and it can be a little frustrating to find the actual piece that the poster is talking about. Posting the link to the specific piece allows me to see one page/commission and then if I feel like I want to surf around more I will check out the rest of the gallery. The only place I post my gallery home page is in my signature.

CAF
Old 07-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #25
Underdog07
Hercules

I used to take the time to load pictures onto photobucket, but now my focus (and most of my free time) is spent sitting by the computer waiting to leave feedback for sellers on ebay
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #26
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Posting's not the issue, loading them onto Photobucket's the slow part.

Truthfully, I really wasn't aware that people were annoyed about having to click a link.
I am with you TC on both points. I find PB to be troublesome at times but not so much that if people are really bothered I don’t have a problem with uploading twice.

I am trying to see both sides of this but I am somewhat baffled as to why people are bothered to open a link to CAF. If you opened the SF thread based on the title it seems you are interested in seeing the artwork - why would you not take one more click? Maybe people are only “one-click interested” in seeing new artwork but 2 clicks is too much trouble? Call me a two-clicker … but I am willing to take an extra step for my fellow one-click SF members

CAF
Old 07-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #27
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I used to take the time to load pictures onto photobucket, but now my focus (and most of my free time) is spent sitting by the computer waiting to leave feedback for sellers on ebay

CAF
Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #28
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I am with you TC on both points. I find PB to be troublesome at times but not so much that if people are really bothered I don’t have a problem with uploading twice.

I am trying to see both sides of this but I am somewhat baffled as to why people are bothered to open a link to CAF. If you opened the SF thread based on the title it seems you are interested in seeing the artwork - why would you not take one more click? Maybe people are only “one-click interested” in seeing new artwork but 2 clicks is too much trouble? Call me a two-clicker … but I am willing to take an extra step for my fellow one-click SF members
Damn Two-clickers.

But yes, I really wasn't aware people were annoyed. My complaints about PB aren't enough that I absolutely refuse to use it and I agree, I don't mind posting that way going forward
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #29
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post

Damn dirty two-clicker!

statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #30
statman
Baron Zemo

Whether it's a pic in the thread or a link to CAF makes no difference to me. I just like checking out cool art.

As for how I post, generally, I'll post a pic here(via photobucket) and also put the piece in CAF.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote