Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-14-2017, 01:29 PM   #111
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

The trailer didn't get me hard like the EpVII one or Thor 3.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #112
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I liked it, especially when they played Rey's theme followed by Kylo's theme.

It did need a bigger moment though.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #113
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I mean "meh".. Frankly the main trilogy I'm not excited for. TFA was a bad remake. So this has to be better I guess. I will say I'm really interested in that seemingly new Jedi temple flashback.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #114
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I watched the panel and the comment Daisy made about Luke not living up to her expectation solidified my forecast on this franchise in my mind.

Luke is jaded. I believe he feels he has failed and to train more Jedi can only bring more darkness and failure. He feels the end of the light will bring the end of future darkness.

With convincing he trains Rey to defeat the looming threat of Snoke.

Kylo tracks Luke to his home and confronts him (shot of Kylo holding out his LS surrounded by flames followed by shot of Luke next to R2 and Phasma approaching from flames). Rey won't save him (clip of Rey running in darkness with the LS ignited).

I reckon 9 will be about redemption. Rey is the last Jedi.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #115
Python
Omega Red

I've only watched the trailer once, it didn't really do much for me tbh. I thought TFA was okay, and R1 was disappointing. I think this just felt a bit stale and digital, but I won't judge it yet, we've seen plenty of poor trailers for good movies in recent years.

I'll watch the full panel show tomorrow.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #116
Luminous
Cyclops

I don't think it's fair or prudent to compare this teaser to Ragnarok's or TFA's first trailers. Both TFA and Thor set out to prove something. For Episode VII they needed to reassure fans this was something they should look forward to after Star War's long hiatus and the much debated prequel trilogy. For Thor Marvel clearly wasn't happy with the character's solo film's reception or presence. In Ragnarok we see a change in visual style and tone and they want to impress upon viewers that Thor can be just as entertaining as Cap, Iron Man and the Guardians.

The difference with The Last Jedi is that the previous film greatly exceeded expectations at the box office. While some fans were critical it's clear that the majority of the viewers out there welcomed this new saga with open arms. With the opportunity of the 40th Anniversary during Celebration they simply needed to bring something. Anything to appease the fans. That with the seemingly locked in interest of Episode VIII meant they didn't need to go crazy with this first teaser.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #117
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Very disappointing teaser trailer. Not a single WOW moment for me.

While I enjoyed TFA it's personally near the bottom of the Saga for me and I enjoyed the teaser for that FAR more than this. I'm excited as hell for this film but will admit I'm a bit concerned The Last Jedi will be heavy on nostalgia and light on originality like TFA was and this teaser didn't do anything to ease those concerns.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #118
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Well, based on that trailer and The Force Awakens, it leaves no doubt in my mind that the original trilogy will stand uncontested in the best of the 3 Star Wars trilogies. Too bad.

But I will still be there opening day.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #119
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This was a teaser, pure and simple. But I guess it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. All I can tell from this is that we'll continue on Rey's journey, because that's what these new films are about, and catch up with Master Luke. Other than that can't tell a whole lot. I'm excited as heck for this movie and that's all there is to t for me. Can't wait for December!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:48 PM   #120
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Rey is the last Jedi.
'The Last Jedi' is plural.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote