Haha yes!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:31 PM   #512
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Haha yes!
ever notice how nobody asks (or cares) who Finn's parents are? its one mystery from TFA that Rian didn't destroy in TLJ lol Finn is just a worthless character either way though, the only legit happy moment I had while watching the trainwreck that was TLJ was when I thought he was going to get vaporized, sadly that didnt happen, so we can all look forward to another time killing, pace destroying, irrelevant subplot for him and Rose in the next movie
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #513
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I really don't understand the fascination with every new character needing to be a descendant of an existing character.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:55 PM   #514
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I think that Rey should be the child of Kanan Jarrus or Ezra Bridger . That way we get the Rebels characters in official canon
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #515
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
I think that Rey should be the child of Kanan Jarrus or Ezra Bridger . That way we get the Rebels characters in official canon
Rebels is already canon.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:32 PM   #516
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I really don't understand the fascination with every new character needing to be a descendant of an existing character.
Sure you do. People love to ascribe significance to coincidence.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/arti...er-coincidence

Along with the paragraph before it:
"To the mystically inclined, however, coincidence is a synchronicity, the purposeful occurrence of two seemingly unrelated events."
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #517
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well if they hadn't made it such a mystery in the first movie it would have never been a thing. I actually like what they did with her Heritage. Its probably the heritage of most Jedi. Normal people who have force sensitive children. Honestly they should leave Rey's Heritage where it is. It sends a good message especially with how the movie ended with the boy with the Broom.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:20 PM   #518
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Well if they hadn't made it such a mystery in the first movie it would have never been a thing. I actually like what they did with her Heritage. Its probably the heritage of most Jedi. Normal people who have force sensitive children. Honestly they should leave Rey's Heritage where it is. It sends a good message especially with how the movie ended with the boy with the Broom.
Agreed. However, it does kind of deflate the allure set in the first film with the mystery of her who her parents are and why she was abandoned. So that end, I do hope they give us and her a more satisfying answer other than they were just junkards looking to score a quick buck. Normally I'd attribute this to me being a sucker for happy endings, but I do think the build up surrounding the mystery of her lineage needs to be justified. Otherwise it makes those scenes in TFA feel a little pointless.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:38 PM   #519
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I took the afternoon off to go watch this to see for myself... I mostly hated it. Rose has replaced JarJar as my most hated character ever!

I won’t ever watch this one again.

SPOILER ALERT: SPOILER ALERT: SPOILER ALERT

STOP READING NOW.

There were a few high points but, the 5 unforgivable things are 1. Took a dump on the OT. I agree with that critique. 2. PC/SJW elements. Even if I hadn’t gone in having heard that critique, Disney was so in your face with this it would be hard to miss. 3. More uninteresting pointless characters. Rose. My God She was terrible! And no way should sideswiping Finn NOT have killed them both. Also, good job using her sister as a Kamikazi, you are 2 for 2 on your Asian stereotypes! 4. The jokes. WT...H? The dusting himself Luke did was the only appropriate one that worked. Poe’s prank call yo momma was criminally bad. I thought I was as watching Robot Chicken. 5. Character motivations. They butchered this repeatedly in the film, ruined past history, and made no damned sense.

6. Bonus, SUPER PRINCESS! You can’t blow her up or kill her in deep space and she can fly! GTFO

This movie...just so bad...on so many levels. I can’t even embrace the high points because they were so intertwined with the low. Complete waste.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:07 PM   #520
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I took the afternoon off to go watch this to see for myself... I mostly hated it. Rose has replaced JarJar as my most hated character ever!

I won’t ever watch this one again.

SPOILER ALERT: SPOILER ALERT: SPOILER ALERT

STOP READING NOW.

There were a few high points but, the 5 unforgivable things are 1. Took a dump on the OT. I agree with that critique. 2. PC/SJW elements. Even if I hadn’t gone in having heard that critique, Disney was so in your face with this it would be hard to miss. 3. More uninteresting pointless characters. Rose. My God She was terrible! And no way should sideswiping Finn NOT have killed them both. Also, good job using her sister as a Kamikazi, you are 2 for 2 on your Asian stereotypes! 4. The jokes. WT...H? The dusting himself Luke did was the only appropriate one that worked. Poe’s prank call yo momma was criminally bad. I thought I was as watching Robot Chicken. 5. Character motivations. They butchered this repeatedly in the film, ruined past history, and made no damned sense.

6. Bonus, SUPER PRINCESS! You can’t blow her up or kill her in deep space and she can fly! GTFO

This movie...just so bad...on so many levels. I can’t even embrace the high points because they were so intertwined with the low. Complete waste.
Not even going to bother addressing the ridiculous SJW claims, but this is wholly inaccurate. She did not kamikaze. A kamikaze attack is a deliberate suicidal crash into an enemy target. She did not deliberately commit suicide nor did she attempt to crash her ship into the Dreadnaught. Her ship was not on a collision course. She was on attack run (debatable whether or not they accepted the mission knowing their low odds of survival) and happened to die during the mission. That's it.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote