Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-10-2018, 03:00 AM   #1781
MustardDragon
Fantastic Four

Well, you'll have to experience it for yourselves. Hollow it is not. But don't take my word for it, I just own the statue.
MustardDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:45 AM   #1782
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardDragon View Post
Well, you'll have to experience it for yourselves. Hollow it is not. But don't take my word for it, I just own the statue.
So is the quality of the piece very high?
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:30 AM   #1783
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmind View Post
Is it made of lead? It is a hollow polystone statue. Stack 70lbs of weights and you will see why I don’t believe that. Try to lift 70 lbs and you will see how ridiculous that would be. I have a concrete statue that is about 70lbs. It’s bigger than this statue.

It is not clear if everything is hollow, there could be also parts where they filled it, also they could have filled something in the base (some other weights). I once had the Tsume Zoro piece which weights about 28 kg and I think about 10-15 kg alone weights the base (to hold the tornado). I'm pretty sure that the P1 page listed it as 25-30 kg also in the past but I don't know why they removed it.

I will see for myself how much it weights when it arrives =).
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:16 AM   #1784
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Is it made of lead? It is a hollow polystone statue. Stack 70lbs of weights and you will see why I don’t believe that. Try to lift 70 lbs and you will see how ridiculous that would be. I have a concrete statue that is about 70lbs. It’s bigger than this statue.
I can’t tell much it really weight until I have the statue in hand. I am just reading from what he wrote and that is how I am interpreting it. I am looking at my tracking info from SS and one box weights about 37 pounds and the other is 57 pounds. Well, if that is accurate, then I am not surprised the statue weights about 50-70 pounds.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:25 AM   #1785
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I can’t tell much it really weight until I have the statue in hand. I am just reading from what he wrote and that is how I am interpreting it. I am looking at my tracking info from SS and one box weights about 37 pounds and the other is 57 pounds. Well, if that is accurate, then I am not surprised the statue weights about 50-70 pounds.
Oversized packages show dimensional weight. I can assure you Anti-Venom is not 89lbs in the U.S. and 147lbs overseas. 70lbs is like the average weight of a 10 year old. Prime 1 should just list the weight on their site directly. I am constantly annoyed when I get a statue and it weighs a lot less than it said on Sideshow, but now they have an explanation about dimensional weight.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 01:35 PM   #1786
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

MustardDragon has the piece in hand and says it weighs around 70lbs. I'll take his word for it because again he has it in hand.

Congrats MustardDragon on securing this righteous looking piece!
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 02:13 PM   #1787
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

More pics!!!!!!!!!!
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #1788
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

somebody can put it on a libra?
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #1789
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
So is the quality of the piece very high?
Absolutely!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
MustardDragon has the piece in hand and says it weighs around 70lbs. I'll take his word for it because again he has it in hand.

Congrats MustardDragon on securing this righteous looking piece!

Quote:
Just weighed it at around 69.4 lbs minus about 1 lbs from my turntable. So yeah the fully constructed statue weighs almost 70 lbs!
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #1790
SONICobra
Batman

lol @ 70lbs - madness! I plan on displaying guts, zodd and berserker armor on one shelf that's ~ 215lbs
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote