Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-06-2018, 04:59 PM   #111
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

I think I'll take it but I can wait as I don't care about the EX (I would never display Batman unmasked). If they don't make Keaton Bats, this will have to do..
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:02 PM   #112
Brandon
The X-Men

We should bring up this issue in their group on FB. They've made modifications to some statues because of community requests. Hush Batman for example.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #113
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
This one is growing on me.
That’s what she said.

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:17 PM   #114
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Pretty sure this, CW and Bane will get delays like Joker. May as well ask them on FB. Thing is after these three were first shown people flocked to FB to bring up issues some were corrected some are still there. Not sure how much further they’d be willing to change.

Anyway I’m all in on this until someone does better that’s not Hot Toys.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:00 AM   #115
ukshaun
Hercules

On the subject of Christian Bale likeness, i'm seeing Christian Bale 20 years down the line with a hint of Bill Nighy
Hot Toys appear to have done a better job, although their attempt looks off at some angles. Atleast Hot Toys nailed the age about right.
With the mask on, the Hot Toys mouth area looks better than the Prime 1 effort.

ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #116
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

That Hot Toys is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. That doesn't even remotely resemble Cristian Bale.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:28 AM   #117
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Yeah I gotta agree looks like Prime 1 did a really good job.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:33 AM   #118
MegatronG1
The X-Men

P1 looks better around the eyes, but to be fair that studio lighting is a bit harsh. Would need to see it at a con.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #119
moviefan
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
P1 looks better around the eyes, but to be fair that studio lighting is a bit harsh. Would need to see it at a con.
I agree. People should not judge to harsh on these photos. I don't think the cold lighting does the portrait any justice, nor the suit. The transparent parts of the armour looks to bright with light reflecting through. The face and hair looks grey and gives the impression of him being old. I have great faith in that he will look much better in person. I have this on preorder until something better arrives.

Also I am still waiting for a statue of the begins suit. I don't dislike the simple statue like poses. The images of the suit with most impact on me has always been the solemn passively dramatic poses from the posters of him just standing there looking downwards or to the side with the weight of gotham on his shoulders. Or wrapped in his cape like in many photos from begins.

The simple pose of this statue is to me clearly based on the posters for the movie. I really prefer this to him standing in a comic book action pose since Nolan had a more realistic take on the character.
moviefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:34 AM   #120
Oxymoron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefan View Post
The simple pose of this statue is to me clearly based on the posters for the movie. I really prefer this to him standing in a comic book action pose since Nolan had a more realistic take on the character.
He only looks okay from certain angles, and I wish it were based on movie posters.

I too love museum poses (I also hate the pose SS went with), the problem is that he looks stiff and unnatural. Wouldn't even call it a pose. It reminds me of those giant Jakks Pacific figures.
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote