Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #21
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I really like the line but I will not be buying any unless I come into some $$$.
But who knows what the future holds???
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:12 PM   #22
Gannon
Sailor Moon

That bust is huge!!!! I think it's a great idea for a statue line up and cant wait to see what else they have coming.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:29 PM   #23
Iron Fist
The Spirit

I, for one, like them....and I'm happy to see that the Transformers and GI Joe busts are back albeit a different line...
Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:41 PM   #24
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

I think its a good idea.
bigjohn550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:03 AM   #25
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

The difference in size between them will make these sculpts both difficult and interesting. The Baroness/ Ravage looks good though.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:39 AM   #26
demonhunter
Kingpin

how tall is that baronness?

I thought the Prime Bust with Snakeeyes was pretty cool.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #27
yodanut
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I'm excited that the Transformers and GI Joe are going to be revisted by another company now that Palisades is in its last legs but the initial pictures of the First4Figures product look pretty crappy (EXCEPT for Baroness & Ravage).

I've seen quite a few pics of the Battlefield Optimus & Megatron and although the idea sounds good, the execution is just terrible. I'm a big G1 Transformers fan but if there isn't a substantial difference in the paint jobs and sloppy sculpts on this line, I'll be passing on nearly all of them.

Which is a shame because I know I would have bought the entire line. But I'm not going to buy them if when I display them, all I see is its glaring flaws. I hope someone is listening from First4Figures. You got a great idea but PLEASE improve on it or you're going to lose a LOT of customers.
yodanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #28
wizard-comics
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: New Caprica City, New Caprica ("accidentally" left behind)
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
I think the Baroness walking Ravage looked pretty cool
the baroness always looks good!
wizard-comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:23 PM   #29
Andy Bergholtz
Sculptor
Sculptor

If you guys realized just how freakin' HUGE that Optimus piece is, you might be more forgiving of the missing right arm... I think it looks fine that way. I remember hearing all kinds of complaints back when we were doing some busts in the Palisades GI Joe line that way.... Try to do something a little different creatively and people freak out. No sense of vision.
Andy Bergholtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #30
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkfan
If you guys realized just how freakin' HUGE that Optimus piece is, you might be more forgiving of the missing right arm... I think it looks fine that way. I remember hearing all kinds of complaints back when we were doing some busts in the Palisades GI Joe line that way.... Try to do something a little different creatively and people freak out. No sense of vision.
I don't understand how the size of the bust can make up for the missing right arm. Even if it were slightly smaller, wouldn't the addition of the right arm just make it bigger (and much better) anyway?

When I see these 1 arm busts, I can't help but to feel like the sculpture is a half-assed job, by attempting to either cut down on costs, or cut down on sculpting time. I'm not saying that's the case, but that's just the impression I get when I see these types of statues. I mean, what's the purpose? Is this a bust, half statue, or as one person pointed out to me, a "handicap" of the character? For example, I showed a picture of the bust to someone who knew nothing about the characters (or comic statues for that matter) and they asked me if the "black ninja" cut the robots arm off and is ready to leap out of his hand before the robot collapses. D'oh! That wasn't exactly how I was seeing it, but I clearly understood the reason for the misunderstanding.

I think whoever designed the statue, should have asked themselves if the bust would look better with 2 arms and if the answer were "yes", then they should have gone through with it. It's this type of effort that makes a statue stand out from the crowd.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote