Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-29-2006, 11:34 PM   #1
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Unhappy Learned something new on eBay

Did you know you cannot compare items in the title of your auctions? I didn't know and they shut down two of my auctions!! Didn't warn me or try to correct me, just shut them down and then told me about it.
Scammers get away with murder, me I add to many words to my title and I am enemy number #1.

Below is the email i got from them after the fact. So just in case you didn't know, now you do, and of course knowing is half the battle

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following listing(s):

6617884264 - Batman Statue Full Size Jim Lee Dc Direct not bowen
6617886408 - Green Arrow Full Size Statue Dc Direct not bowen

However, your listing was in violation of eBay's Keyword Spamming policy and has been removed from eBay. We have credited all associated fees to your account and notified eBay users associated with the transaction that it has been cancelled.

We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your listing is not permitted.

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

not bowen

not bowen
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #2
fossa

WOW!!! They are REALLY cracking down!
ThanX for the info.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I'm glad to see ebay doing that. I hate doing a search for Gentle Giant and other companies stuff pops up.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:46 PM   #4
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER
I'm glad to see ebay doing that. I hate doing a search for Gentle Giant and other companies stuff pops up.

Totally understand that point, i guess i was more put off about them shutting it down with out at least giving me a heads up. But it is a big place
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
Scion
Frackin!

Just did a search for "not bowen" and of the 15 results none had that exact phrase. I guess someone this week must have reported all of the auctions with that phrase since just last week I saw several up. Its about time they started doing this.
Scion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #6
Synergy
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I hate this to, but its a good way to reach the market though while it lasted for these Clowns
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #7
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

its not ebay thats cracking down its the companies that are.

Example:

If you are selling a PGX comic, but you say NOT CGC in your title and CGC sees that. They will contact ebay to shut your listing down. As long as CGC doesnt see the listing you are ok. So i would venture the guess that someone at bowen and or some dweeb on ebay snitched on you to ebay and they pulled your listing.

I know from exp cause i have been trying to sell a bunch of my graded books to get some mula for a new macbook pro and CGC had my listings pulled for the PGX books i listed NOT CGC in the titles.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:11 AM   #8
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

This policy has been in effect for years. It is rarely enforced unless someone complains. I would imagine it's one of those infractions that are so numerous that it's hard to police. It's a 'squeeky-wheel gets the grease' kinda' thing.
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:32 AM   #9
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'd be happy if they did that as a constant practice. There is nothing more annoying than swimming through all of these types of listings to get to what I'm looking for. It's a cheap thing to do, but I'm sure it has it's payoffs.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:43 AM   #10
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Agreed. The title should be just that a title and nothing more. All other information belongs in the auction's description. To many sellers use this as a spamming tactic to attract more people to their listings and its incredibly annoying.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote