Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #21
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I think edition size should be less than 200, but only because Hulk hasn't sold out yet. For some time now, there has been 80+ left in stock and I'm guessing the Thing will move even slower.

I also wish the price was lower, because $220 is a lot of money. I'm not saying that these statues aren't worth it, only that it's a lot of money for a variant that isn't a hot seller. That's what is keeping me from ordering the Thing. I'll see how the Hulk turns out first.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #22
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

i think it should stay the way it is right now. make the exclusives for certain characters like 4 a year. offer the same # to the forum members who have been buying since the start. .........this is all because bladedanger wont STOP WHINING
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arnoldsch11.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	23806  
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #23
Equinox24
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSpideyFan
I don't know to me, I would say in order to cut down on D-rod losing monies why not do a poll? Show the character on the website, see how many people want it... Then maybe make 50 - 75 extra for those who did not vote, but never go over 200 pieces total.
This thread shouldn't have been necessary. I wouldn't indulge a spoiled brat reaction from a 5 year old, let alone someone that is supposed to be an adult, and you shouldn't either. The overwhelming majority appreciates and backs what you have done. Here's hoping it keeps going. I'm betting it will.

I agree with RSF. Get a "real" pre-order situation going. Give the members a certain amount of time to get a down payment in. You did that with The Thing. Then add some additional to it and there's your run. You've done two exclusives, so you have some idea of the type of response you will get. I know it will vary with the character, but base the run on the initial response (down payments) you get for a piece over a number of weeks, then add some to it. Hey, if the run ends up being 125, or 150, so be it and better for those that bought the exclusive. This whole deal is still in the early stages, as you get more members, I think 200 will be easier to sell. I agree with keeping the max at 200.
Equinox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #24
JSA
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I personally would like to see the edition size dropped to 150 or even 100.
I like the sculpts, and I'll be buying them either way, but a lower ES just
makes something that much more special to me, and that way you wouldn't
be setting on them either. I honestly thought it would be a mad frenzy for
these on the first day, just like the Sideshow Star Wars pieces and some
of the other Sideshow pieces like their Grey Hulk. I was expecting that
the HH Grey Hulk would sell out with the first day or two, or week at most.

A lower ES would only make these more desirable.

JS
JSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:56 PM   #25
ashley76
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I think that eventually there will be a mad frenzy for these. Hard Hero isn't your everyday household name in the statue business yet. "marvel-wise" anyway. I bet once the regular hulk is released more and more people will get on the bandwagon. I mean the ebay prices are just now starting creep up out of the cellar on the older pieces...
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #26
mrcrolley
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

These Exclusives are 20% of the regular edition for HH. if they hit it big or not is not important the edition should be dropped to 100 a hundred pcs period. Dealers shouldn't be getting these for less than what the members to whom it was originally pitched to as "their" exclusive in the first place. I think the membership here is ruffly 3500 so if you drop it to 100 which of hulk sold out pretty fast then you would only have to convince 2% of the forum to buy them.
mrcrolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #27
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

about edition sizes.
100: many dealers can pitch HH that they want in on the exclusives. He can't shut everyone out for ever so it means that you would have to go elsewhere to buy them and your number might not be guaranteed.

200: not too many can afford this or sell this amount. it keeps the exclusives in the forum more often than not. good for us

note that HH has to make money on this as well. when was the last time you saw a manufacturer do an exclusive under 200? yes, SS did the Hulk. but what was that, the 3rd version of it? they had already done an in-house exclusive with the traffic lights. what was another 50? HH has yet to release an in-house exclusive. GG, BD, SS have all done exclusives for themselves being released either on their website or a con. How many times have their exclusives or variants been priced above the regular version? Ours isn't.
Us having dibs is a pretty cool thing. I have no problem taking care of a buyer that wants to buy 10 of them. Why? because not enough members supported the item. I will not sit on them hoping a member will buy it. I have the forum plenty of time to purchase them. Those members that wanted to buy 10 didn't ask for a discount, I gave it to them. They are also only guaranteed 1 piece for future exclusives, not the 10. So if a piece is hot, members still get first dibs on them and other dealers will not be able to buy more than 1 and that is only if they are forum members. If a member that bought 10 or 1 of them decides he wants to sell them on ebay for nothing, that is his business. I cannot police every member and what they do with their purchase. At the same time, you can say the same about any "deal" you get on ebay or elsewhere from exclusives made by other companies.
The box of the regular piece will have a pic of the exclusive on it so it should raise the awareness of the piece as well as the value. I do advise that one should buy the piece because they like it, not because they are going to speculate its future value. Yes, it is nicer that a piece gains value but you have to give it time on some of them.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:04 PM   #28
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i would make a stealth iron man at around 500. he will sell. this is not another gray hulk or whatever wolverine were there are a lot of choices out there. we will see what happens to the thing but just placing him in another FF costume has no real historical significance. when iron man changes his costume that is comic book news. metallic or chrome plus big difference for character equals sales. the only reason i am not getting the sideshow metallic iron man is because you cant see his armor in that pose.i need to replace my iron man from bowen and know i am going to wait for the hh metallic version.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:09 PM   #29
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

I think the # is fine. I think the idea is super and I love that I get first dibs and the same #. This is the first time that numbers mean anything to me, and its because I get the same one and its my favorite #. As for other people getting them, the forum members here need to step up and purchase them, all of the people that we have here not paying a dime to be here and then complain when Danny won't sit on on 80 statues? Please.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:24 PM   #30
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher
the only reason i am not getting the sideshow metallic iron man is because you cant see his armor in that pose.i need to replace my iron man from bowen and know i am going to wait for the hh metallic version.
I didn't get the SS metallic version either because I just don't like the modern high tech look on Iron Man that much. i would go as far as to say that the Ultimate version of Iron Man is better. If HH does a kick ass job on this one I may have to reconsider my position on getting a HH piece to my collection.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote