Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #521
Vallos
Jubilee

I certainly did not expect these to be the same price as the Sucker Punch girls. If the price of the variant is anything to go by, then the regular editions can be somewhere around $400 to $500 dollars. That is a hefty pill to swallow.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #522
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yeah a lot of where GG sets the MSRP depends on the ES if we're talking about licensing fees (or lack thereof) and production costs. If GG cranks out 4000+ of these then obviously my assessment won't hold but if these are limited to around 2000 pieces in total I can see the higher price point being justified myself.
Hmm..... a 2000 ES still seems a tad high for the prices you're suggesting. That's just me though.

If these are priced in the $500 range then I am most likely out. I can't see myself spending that kind of cash for characters (are they even characters?) I have absolutely no connection with.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #523
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Ya no way that much $ for this. Plus $80 for the membership.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #524
cpluse2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I guess depending on how much "slightly higher" is going to be and how low the ES is, then I might be able to see it happening. I'll admit that ES wasn't something I was considering when I was making my argument. We'll see though.
Quote:
Yeah a lot of where GG sets the MSRP depends on the ES if we're talking about licensing fees (or lack thereof) and production costs. If GG cranks out 4000+ of these then obviously my assessment won't hold but if these are limited to around 2000 pieces in total I can see the higher price point being justified myself.
Hmmmm both good points but the price. Hope the reg is way lower.i wonder will they pull you can only buy from them. Like the Samurai.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #525
FROBAY
Phoenix

I guess the regs will be 399.00
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #526
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Mark my word though. Despite all the uproar over the price on this "exclusive" I'd wager we'll see it going for near 1k on the secondary eventually.
I think she'll start at $1000+ on eBay. Especially when you consider eBay/PP fees. I mentioned that on the other topic. $670 + basically $100 membership + shipping. She's close to a $900 statue. That's pushing Sideshow LSF prices.

But I too think that GG might have messed up starting off this line with this exclusive. A year wait and instead of a big relaunch we get a high priced exclusive with barely any changes.

If they used my ideas for this Bond inspired exclusive my mouth would be shut and I would have pre-ordered and got the membership last night...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #527
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't think its fair to throw the $80 PGM fee into her cost. Sure you'd have to pay for that if you don't have it already but a lot of people are already members, myself included. There are many other benefits to their PGM outside of being able to purchase Con Exclusives too. The biggest of which is a free "gift" Mini Bust of your choice (out of 4) that offsets the membership fee as well as 10% off all direct orders, an additional 10% off coupon and one 30% off coupon. So she is not really a $900 statue at all.

I do agree starting the line off with this exclusive is a bit of a strange decision from a pure marketing standpoint though. It might scare collectors away. Then again it may soften the shock of a $400-$500 price point on the regular versions. Time will tell.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #528
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
not if you're only interested in this line and not in other GG products...
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #529
cpluse2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
not if you're only interested in this line and not in other GG products...
I would agree, this happen with me last year. Join to get on pre-order for the samurai. But there was no early preorder. it was released to everyone even if you didnt have the membership not even a early email released date. I dont collect bust or liked anything else they had. So the 30% off only help the offset of the $80 I paid, for the membership. Plus no updates of the released just one 3 month before it was released. And still waiting for it to arrive. But 200-400 seems about right for regular. But lesson learned.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #530
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
I don't think its fair to throw the $80 PGM fee into her cost. Sure you'd have to pay for that if you don't have it already but a lot of people are already members, myself included. There are many other benefits to their PGM outside of being able to purchase Con Exclusives too. The biggest of which is a free "gift" Mini Bust of your choice (out of 4) that offsets the membership fee as well as 10% off all direct orders, an additional 10% off coupon and one 30% off coupon. So she is not really a $900 statue at all.

I do agree starting the line off with this exclusive is a bit of a strange decision from a pure marketing standpoint though. It might scare collectors away. Then again it may soften the shock of a $400-$500 price point on the regular versions. Time will tell.
Good points, Hellboy. I hope the regular price is closer to your $400 estimate. Maybe $399 to help me feel less dirty about it! I'm still a bit surprised that an original line, without cost to licensing, would command top dollar like this. However, Whisper is the only Honey Pot character that truly wowed me, so a one-time lapse in judgement can be justified.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote