Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2016, 10:30 PM   #741
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
While we're on the topic of XM statues, I would have to be paid to own XM's Kraven.
FastballSpecial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:34 PM   #742
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

if you like XM Venom go buy it then, whats the need to trash the SS Venom just to prove the worth of buying the XM one? My god!
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:36 PM   #743
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Comicbookguy's
Other
Identity
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:49 PM   #744
COI

Courtesy of Carlos OneSixScale CLC Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4hEsJ6BK3o
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:08 PM   #745
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

This SS Venom is a huge disappointment. the pose is just awkward and isn't Venom. I can't believe SS gave us the awesome spiderman and then this. I hope you guys didn't sell the comiquette Venom in anticipating this piece. I know this is the SS section but I don't see how this piece is better than XM's Venom. Are you guys picking this over the XM's based on cost and availability?
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:10 PM   #746
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I'll tell you guys this: if XM ever gets a 1/4 scale, comic book DC license, I'm logging off this forum, cancelling my internet, and ordering my statues via bike messenger.

Haha nice knowing you
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:10 PM   #747
Parallax
Nightwing

I'd argue that leaping over a building with one hand as he appears to be swinging after Spider-Man is a much more "Venom" pose than squatting on the side of a building like he's taking a dump.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:16 PM   #748
newe82
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I love both companies. They both have amazing pieces, and they both have so-so pieces.

That being said, the annoyance with the XM debate comes from the fact that every single time a character comes along from Sideshow that XM has already hinted at/previewed/released, XM fans have to come in to the Sideshow threads and just ---- all over the excitement that goes along with seeing a new Sideshow piece.
Exactly! Justify your XM purchases in your own section.
newe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:18 PM   #749
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
This SS Venom is a huge disappointment. the pose is just awkward and isn't Venom. I can't believe SS gave us the awesome spiderman and then this. I hope you guys didn't sell the comiquette Venom in anticipating this piece. I know this is the SS section but I don't see how this piece is better than XM's Venom. Are you guys picking this over the XM's based on cost and availability?
I have the comiquette, so I can live without either. That said, I like the SS version over the XM version, and it has nothing to do with availability or cost, because as I said I'm probably getting neither, and I'd pay the money for the XM version if I REALLY wanted it.

To me, the XM version looks like a Venom spandex suit with strands of wire on it, and not an organic symbiote. Not enough texture for my liking, whereas SS went hard on the texture. Also, the legs on the Spider on the symbiote are too thin on the XM version.

Again, just personal taste. There were other XM pieces at the show in Singapore that I found way more impressive than that Venom. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by COI; 10-06-2016 at 11:21 PM.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:40 PM   #750
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
I honestly love both, xm venom looks big, badass and menacing, while sideshow's look like a disgusting terrifying creature which i absolutely love. If i could get both i would but i'm more than happy with the one SS will be releasing.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote