Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-17-2017, 04:42 AM   #11
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I think they should've returned to the comic book style look (like guilty gear and the new dragonball fighter z) and stop trying to oversimplify everything. This series peaked with mvc 2 for me.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:45 AM   #12
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Out of morbid curiosity I tried the demo. Just some quick thoughts, the game looks like complete a$$ in some areas like some of the faces obviously, and some special moves look horrible. The effects on Dante's especially look unfinished. In other areas however it looks pretty awesome. Ultron Sigma in particular looks great in game the way he animates and the way the light reflects of his metal plating.

Gameplay is smooth and responsive. I also really like that tag combos are true free form now. You can literally tag in and out of almost anything during hit or block with almost anything. The potential for creativity is massive as you aren't tied to a particular assist type and the parameters on when you can tag have been greatly reduced.

Characters themselves, this seems to be all over the map from the time I spent with it. Captain America can do almost everything he did in past Marvel games with double jump air combos, shield juggles, etc. Dante on the other hand seems completely stripped as he can't Bold Cancel anymore. This was the corner stone of what made his so fun to play as so I'm guessing they removed it in favor of a more casual friendly approach. You can now cancel Stinger into specials without it and in and out of each other without it. This is all fine, but a lot of cooler mobility options have been removed due to this.

For a new Marvel game this is very underwhelming. It really sucks too because the new tag system has SO much potential, but with seemingly dumbed down characters and questionable graphics it feels like SF5 all over again.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #13
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ya can't say I'm feeling this version yet.

Even MVC3 was a step in dumbing down the game, older VS series were much better with all 6 button combos, then it gets easier with each version.

I was watching one video were Combofiend said they got rid of invincibles which tells me they created once again a system where more or less everyone is the same so they can control the balancing.

But ill wait till it comes out and watch some streams to see if it will hold interest, cause SF5 falls short on that unlike SF4 and SF4 and even alphas where i can watch streams of these games without being bored.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #14
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Ya can't say I'm feeling this version yet.

Even MVC3 was a step in dumbing down the game, older VS series were much better with all 6 button combos, then it gets easier with each version.

I was watching one video were Combofiend said they got rid of invincibles which tells me they created once again a system where more or less everyone is the same so they can control the balancing.

But ill wait till it comes out and watch some streams to see if it will hold interest, cause SF5 falls short on that unlike SF4 and SF4 and even alphas where i can watch streams of these games without being bored.
Agreed. I was even better at the 6-button combos with the d-pad. When they introduced the dumb-dumb system, I was done. I tried UMVC, but gave up.

I swear they did this because folks are just plain lazy.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:57 PM   #15
Davidian
Omega Flight

I watched the in-game videos and lost interest. I still dig the first 2 and will just play those.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #16
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Agreed. I was even better at the 6-button combos with the d-pad. When they introduced the dumb-dumb system, I was done. I tried UMVC, but gave up.

I swear they did this because folks are just plain lazy.
Ya they cater to the cry babies now who cry everything is so hard, when they are not even the ones who are buying the games. Most of them get it first week then drop it and move one while the core player base who's been with cap com for years get shafted.

You can see what happened with SF5, now its going to the VS series.

Just herd it today that Infiniti is a game everyone can play, which means, we dumbed down the chit out of it for people who want to mash and win.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:04 AM   #17
damienjakk

I wouldn't go as far to say MvC3 was for babies. Sure it made the entry barrier easier and basic air combos to OTG, supers, etc. more accessible, but there is no way a casual player is gonna just jump in and start doing advanced Dante BC combos or Zero lightning loops. There is still stuff being found to this day in MvC3, and while it's no MvC2 it still has plenty of depth.

This new one on the other hand, yeah it seems MUCH more catered towards casual play. The removal of Dante's Bold Cancel alone is a huge red flag in terms of how easy it's becoming. I'm gonna hold final judgement (on the gameplay at least) until it releases simply because there is a lot of potential in the free form tagging mechanic. I think this will be vital as it seems to be the only positive the game has going for it ATM. Let's face it, graphics, roster, simplicity, etc. are all in the toilet.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #18
damienjakk

A few matches of Justin and Fchamp. A bit more encouraging as they really take advantage of the tagging mechanics. As I suspected there are a ton of mix up options here, Captain Marvel does a beam super which is blocked while Nova instant air dashes in for a high low mix up. Seeing things like that are really awesome, but again, the damn presentation is just so god awful. That and there will probably be an Ultra version of the game sometimes next year anyway including all the characters that fans want and will be baited and switched into purchasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=btCiAWmzrmA
Old 06-21-2017, 11:04 AM   #19
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Ya they cater to the cry babies now who cry everything is so hard, when they are not even the ones who are buying the games. Most of them get it first week then drop it and move one while the core player base who's been with cap com for years get shafted.

You can see what happened with SF5, now its going to the VS series.

Just herd it today that Infiniti is a game everyone can play, which means, we dumbed down the chit out of it for people who want to mash and win.
Same thing is happening with Titanfall 2 now. Devs keep introducing new patches to "dumb-down"/balance everything.

I guess if you lose a new gamer in the first 5-10 mins, then you lose them forever.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:04 AM   #20
damienjakk

This is kinda promising, Vesper's rep is pretty good as he has no problem calling out any game/dev if the product is trash. He even goes on to say that releasing this demo probably did more harm than good. Still don't trust Capcom in the slightest, but perhaps in a year or two when the final version is released the gameplay can be enjoyed as I still think that part is really solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38fBw1-Kn48