Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-16-2017, 02:48 PM   #61
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Just got mine in, sword was split in half but easily glued back together. For those of you whom order this be careful the foam on this is only a top and bottom layer of foam. They did a good job on this, and yes as mentioned before wow its pretty light in weight. NSFW images after 5th picture!

House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:39 PM   #62
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I like the nipple color choice. I was worried we would get Double Bubble.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #63
clutch
Sailor Moon

Bubblegum to milk duds.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #64
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I got Achilles Immortality the other day. I had passed on it but the Black Friday price was just too good so I had to get one. I really like him. Even my exclusive head looks better than most I've seen, but I don't ever intend to use it. Have attached some pics but if any of you tech wizards know how to flip them right side up feel free to do so, I can't seem to get it to work. I also included a pic of him next to my 1/7 ARH Achilles the Mightiest to show how much bigger he is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0688.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	109730   Click image for larger version

Name:	AChilles 3.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	109731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Achilles 2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	109732   Click image for larger version

Name:	AChilles 4.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	109733   Click image for larger version

Name:	AChilles 5.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	109734  

TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:23 PM   #65
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Nice! Always a pleasure to see you collection.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #66
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Nice! Always a pleasure to see you collection.
Thanks Man! My entire collection thread is now useless because of photobucket blocking all pics now unless you want to pay them hundreds of dollars per year so I have a couple new statues coming in soon and once I get them I may start a new thread of the entire collection rather than add to the old one since you would have to go through 100 pages of broken links to get to any pics in the old one if I just added to it.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:42 AM   #67
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I got Achilles Immortality the other day. I had passed on it but the Black Friday price was just too good so I had to get one. I really like him. Even my exclusive head looks better than most I've seen, but I don't ever intend to use it. Have attached some pics but if any of you tech wizards know how to flip them right side up feel free to do so, I can't seem to get it to work. I also included a pic of him next to my 1/7 ARH Achilles the Mightiest to show how much bigger he is.
Good one TNovak!

By the way don't kid yourself about the EX head looking better than most .. it looks just as crap as all the other ones out there! At least you got the statue at a discount so you should feel ok about it
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:23 PM   #68
clutch
Sailor Moon

Got the Eve and Arhian bust 'kits'. Color me impressed. These pieces are massive! I'm used to working mainly with 1/6 scale figures and an occasional 1/4 scale so these things just seem crazy big to me which is a good thing. The Arhian is for Dao2 and Eve is for me unless I decide to sell her later. I got the eye roll from the wife so probably won't be able to display it on the fireplace mantel anyway. Lol!

The Arhian bust is very cleanly cast with just a mold line to contend with and the arm where it looks like they did the pour. Nothing major. It was rotocast so it is hollow and very lightweight. Beautiful face. The bottom of the base has the writing actually sculpted in. It says sculpted AND painted by Arahom Radjah. I may have to dremel out the painted by part.

The Eve kit is a solid hunk of resin. It weighs a ton but is so well balanced that it stands in the base with no support. I will probably pin the feet anyway as a precaution. You could literally kill someone with this thing. It has a few more garage kit-type issues. Some air bubbles, seams to sand away, and seams to fill due to the snake being in pieces. A little hip-y and nips that point a little too far north but overall a beautiful sculpt.

Both kits have removable parts that are held on with magnets. I got baggies full of round dots that I assumed were the magnets but upon further inspection, they are little rubber pads I assume are for the bases.

I am gonna have to mix up a boatload of paint for these beauties. Just makes me appreciate what ARH goes through in doing prepaints in-house. I can't imagine having to clean/prep/paint an assembly line of these at a time.

Rubber? Where are the magnets?
Old 12-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #69
clutch
Sailor Moon

Magnets are not included with kits. Sigh...
Old 12-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #70
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Looking forward to seeing your Eve. RE the magnets I think they assume like all kits they will be pinned and glued? The reason prepaints always need magnets is because they are specifically designed for talentless hacks (myself included) that wouldn't be capable of decent assembly without them.